IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Computer controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP (Warp Records)

fumi

Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Instruments pt2 EP  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like This EP?

• Yes, having listened to it
    • No, having listened to it
    • Yes, having not actually listened to it yet
    • No, having not actually listened to it yet
    • I think the other Aphex Twin should come out of retirement and make music

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought his stuff again but honestly do not know why. Maybe because I am used to. Syro was so über meh, I fell asleep until today. Will listen to Richards stuff after my holidays, if I feel ready for another disappointment.

Also bought Björks forthcoming album today and additionally, I realize just now, how brilliant Funkstörung was. Appetite for Destruction/Additional Productions.

Guest cult fiction

do you guys really like this? c'mon

Let's find out with a poll...

Joyrex what the fuck is going on in your avatar

It's "The Duke of Flies" from the game Binding of Isaac...

Listening to it. I am at track 9. A lot of Drukqs references. All stupid RDJ bashing aside, but still I am not convinced, tracks don't go anywhere, I do not hear any innovation or idea.

I agree, let's poll his avatar to see if it's allowed to stay or if he has to switch back to an aphex related one.

I agree, let's poll his avatar to see if it's allowed to stay or if he has to switch back to an aphex related one.

confirmed aphex is making the soundtrack for binding of isaac 2

Tin_foil_hat_3.png

I don’t know what’s more unsurprising - the utter mediocrity of this music or the 53 page thread on it over in the Aphex forum.

C’mon, even you guys who are musicians on these forums could better that EP.

It sounds like something an unknown artist would chuck up on Bandcamp for free. It's so bad, I'm beginning to wonder if he hasn't released it on purpose as some kind of piss-take or an experiment to see just how much his fans can take.

Looking at the 53 page thread, it seems like a success.

Aphex Fans: Feel free to hurl abuse as always.

Guest murphythecat8

no, I agree. The worst thing he ever released imo. Ive talked to my friend, and we both agree... watmm is just out of control.

it lack direction and even original ideas. Its like, it goes nowhere. I also wonder if he is playing with us. It just cant be true. the musical development is not there, it seems to go in any direction without any point.

this is a big letdown.

I gave this a listen earlier today. I like it, maybe not as much as some of his earlier work, but I found enjoyment in listening to it. It's atmosphere is interesting and engaging to me. Will listen again later tonight.

no, I agree. The worst thing he ever released imo. Ive talked to my friend, and we both agree... watmm is just out of control.

it lack direction and even original ideas. Its like, it goes nowhere. I also wonder if he is playing with us. It just cant be true. the musical development is not there, it seems to go in any direction without any point.

this is a big letdown.

I have to say, I really like it.. minus barn dance. Can't do it. I feel that track is exactly what you are talking about.

I'm a big Aphex fan obviously but I don't automatically love every release (just to preface) A good 1/3 of his catalog I can barely listen to for example. But there is something about this that gels with me. I like the minimal nature of it and for a mysterious reason I find it quite emotional and more 'alien' than he has sounded in... 10 years. I also think it has a great almost haunted, dusty atmosphere that I'm a sucker for. Just does it for me (well 5 tracks really do it for me and that works for an EP).

this is a big letdown.

first line is true. But hey we're in an aphex twin forum, that's why.

secondline: i think he's just fuking with everyone, he doesn't gives a shit... I bet most of those tracks are just some samples in his sample library (hence the "project" names he gives to them)

3ºline: I know Richard still has ammazing stuff to release... Tho I really think he might be not as relevant anymore (unlike Autechre)

I really like it, Going to take a few more listens to properly sink in but love the minimal dark vibe and was a pleasant surprise as it was quite different to what I was expecting.

Kinda wish some of the tracks were fleshed out more and this was full album length but hey you never know we might still get part 1!

And Lolzs at people saying he must be taking the piss, Fair enough if you don’t like it but its quite a stretch to then say he must be trolling us by releasing shit on purpose!

Even as an Aphex superfan, I am not really excited by this music and am surprised at all the gushing and overreacting.

I will listen more but I think he can do much better in this lane I am sure of it.

Archived