IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

obvious next step is combining acoustic and synth. which i think hes done on syro.

ordered this from bleep with cheapest shipping a while ago. so should show up next year?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just with dischat2 was longer

wait dischat1 and dischat2 share same drum loop? probably been discqussed million times but...

and Hat 2b 2012b and 0035 1-Audio have very little differencies in drums

it's like all the electronic sensibilities are there, only now its acoustic.... like someone said I'm sure many a sample will be used from various tracks on this EP.

Fantastic stuff, and very promising. I wonder what he has next up his sleeve. If the Japanese Bonus-track from Syro was an indication of his current style then that's awesome. Shame it didn't make it onto the album proper.

the future is bright. :emotawesomepm9:

giving this another spin

the more I listen to it the more I like it

Such is the aphex way. He has never released anything that didn't require growing on you. I can recall at the time when drukqs was released, believe it or not, but it wasn't regarded highly, (it took me a while to get into it back in 2001) and not accessible enough after windowlicker, come to daddy and rdj album. Now it's heralded as one of his finest bodies of work. Live and learn.

i love the mics used. what drums sound this good? the low velocity hits you never hear like this.

I think there's a lot of batter head ring thats coming through on the low vel notes.

giving this another spin

the more I listen to it the more I like it

Such is the aphex way. He has never released anything that didn't require growing on you. I can recall at the time when drukqs was released, believe it or not, but it wasn't regarded highly, (it took me a while to get into it back in 2001) and not accessible enough after windowlicker, come to daddy and rdj album. Now it's heralded as one of his finest bodies of work. Live and learn.

lol

His EPs are always the best, and this one's no exception. It's the perfect counterpart to Syro. Despite the fact that one is synth driven and the other acoustic, they both sound like they're cut from the same sonic cloth. It's something to do with those wide, warm tones. Super roomy sound. Love it. I just wish he expanded on the really short tracks, as they all sound like they want to be fleshed out into something epic. I really hope there's a part 1 yet to come. If he explored this sort of thing the same way he did acid/drill 'n' bass... that could be some revolutionary music.

His EPs are always the best, and this one's no exception. It's the perfect counterpart to Syro. Despite the fact that one is synth driven and the other acoustic, they both sound like they're cut from the same sonic cloth. It's something to do with those wide, warm tones. Super roomy sound. Love it. I just wish he expanded on the really short tracks, as they all sound like they want to be fleshed out into something epic. I really hope there's a part 1 yet to come. If he explored this sort of thing the same way he did acid/drill 'n' bass... that could be some revolutionary music.

my thoughts exactly, thank you!

richard recorded in a place where a dog lives (maybe his own? best bet it's his children, I cannot picture rdj goind thru the trouble of having a dog)

if you listen close, just before the last hit on snar2, you can hear a "woof!" :D

Archived