IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not much closer today than I was yesterday at wrapping this Rubiks Cube up. However I wanted to just put it out there again that this indeed is ONE TRACK. The only off shoot that might stand alone is the "it happened" pretty piano piece. I still think it fits in somewhere though. I am posting a picture of where I have everything placed so you all can see how this stuff is fitting together an give anyone who wants to help out a visual roadmap.

Not sure how long these tracks will get to stay up on soundcloud

Part A: https://soundcloud.com/charliebrownsandersiii/a-1

Part B: https://soundcloud.com/charliebrownsandersiii/b-1

I know part B is WAY off, but you can start to hear how some parts are intertwined, showing up across multiple stems, and where they COULD be locking together. Just a rough sketch of where these things might sit. Part A might be off a bit too, but not as much as B.

ALSO take note in the back end of both part A an B. They have the same thing going on. I just can't see how they fit together. Main reason I can't connect them is because I am positive the individual pieces making up both of the two parts (A, B) are not fitting in the exact places they should with in their own compositions (A, B).

I am going to try and match up parts individually between the two sections and work in the 2 missing stems.

post-18788-0-55509500-1424987503_thumb.png

The matching parts in the back ends of both A and B and the fact that THIS much of it is fitting together and the fact that I can hear it, but I can't quite align it in place. Also the fact that all the stems/tracks have this audible hiss, almost like cue marks. I have not been going by those yet, just been fitting things together that look like they fit based on change ups in the waveforms along the more completed tracks matching up with the exact lengths of some of the shorter tracks.

this is all very interesting

It doesnt sound perfect of course, but it doesnt sound like total mess or chaos. Some parts fit very nicely to each other, i think you're definitely up to something here. When i first heard EP i got the idea that some tracks meant to be put together, but haven't thought it at could be one big track. I mean, the tracks as standalone versions are quite nice already, but some of them were...how to put it, like missing something or too "easy"? Like, he first done a whole thing and then mastered each track individually so it would get wider and fit the whole space.

And that hissing in random places, maybe you are right and it's some sort of key. Hell, even album cover has the track names come in different "time zones". Anyone have any idea why on cover tracks are split up by ----------- --- ? Syro art was logical from start to finish and here it seems like just a "random designer thought", like writting names like that would be cool, but maybe there's more to that. I mean. afex and random?

I remember people combining circlont6a and syro u473t8+e, because, first of all, they have exact same bpm, and the result was pretty nice. Not that they fit perfectly of course, but some coincidences were like Wow, really complex druqks stuff and in the right places. Only some parts sounded like total miss, for most of the part it was quite listenable. Maybe he liked the idea of fans trying to glue tracks together and actually did it on EP? I mean, thats a great idea by itself and kinda in a richard's style, why not? On his 2 remixes by afex the last song was total shit, some thought it's a joke, or his spectrum-award-winning track from childhood, but later it was discovered that it's a photo. Idea of track/tracks are not exactly what it seems on first sight is not new to him.

I just can't wait to hear the actual track. Or any track(s) that may be sitting inside of old drukqs tracks. Hopefully I will have it sorted by the end of the weekend. The CCAIP 2 track that is. Not so much the drukqs idea. Not even going to start trying to mess with that until this is finished.

I also mixed those two syro tracks. I think those also are supposed to be played together. But the mixes I heard people upload had cuts. These I am putting up are just the tracks as they were released fused together. Mine sounds like this: https://soundcloud.com/charliebrownsandersiii/syroclont1000

thanks!!!

I've been lurking on the thread (been a bit too busy to get onto it) and haven't had a chance until now to check out what you're on about.

Seems like you're on to something for sure.

it's terrible... version 45 rpm... wooow ... i love it... In fact, i put the vinyl and i followed you to listen to 45 rpm... actually i've listened a lot in 33 1/2 rpm and there, having had my squirt... told myself that i had to do what you did... and i got a slap... it hurts me... really bad... but thank you for the advice!

33 or... 45...

:spiteful:

Not convinced, actually it sounds overloaded and belaboured.

There's some small tidbits (5% maybe) that spice up the originals nicely.

I would suggest to cut off some bass or volume in one of the channels if you're going to continue this experiment.

That said, thanks for sharing your experiement, interesting nonetheless.

I could possibly entertain the CCAI stems theory, but this Syro layering business has got to stop. It's simply unnatural. Maybe the tracks share a common ancestor, which makes mating them all the more perverse. Could be why the mix sounds so very Downsy.

this whole thing of people fusing aphex's new tracks together and thinking that's how he intended them to be is incredibly depressing to me. listen to the fucking music.

Remember, we are on a fucking IDM forum....an IDM forum...Think about that for a second before claiming tracks have nothing to do with secret messages, puzzles, cryptic shit and out of the box ideas.

:crazy:

this whole thing of people fusing aphex's new tracks together and thinking that's how he intended them to be is incredibly depressing to me. listen to the fucking music.

Remember, we are on a fucking IDM forum....an IDM forum...Think about that for a second before claiming tracks have nothing to do with secret messages, puzzles, cryptic shit and out of the box ideas.

:crazy:

lol

copycat :cat:

Starting to hear a lot of my mistakes in the A and B spit out placements. Making adjustments. Still can't quite place all the stems but I know the effort is going to pay off. I am slowly hearing everything fall into place. Holy shit this is amazing!

This is much closer to a rough sketch of the entire complete all stems combined hidden piece compared to what I have uploaded to soundcloud. Everything makes an appearance. The offset drumming makes it very insane to try and figure out. Very 3D sounding. This picture is by no means final. TONS of fuck ups all the over the place. Listening to it as shown in this picture will only reveal the sketch of how all the pieces fit together. This picture has sounds jumping all on top of one another and possesses little to no tightened up locked groves when all parts are going at once. The two pieces I posted are much more locked by comparison when separated, but I know they all fit, I can hear it. It is just a rough sketch right now, but very insane and cool. Happy to finally start hearing all of the parts being used.

post-18788-0-41176000-1425192944_thumb.png

it's terrible... version 45 rpm... wooow ... i love it... In fact, i put the vinyl and i followed you to listen to 45 rpm... actually i've listened a lot in 33 1/2 rpm and there, having had my squirt... told myself that i had to do what you did... and i got a slap... it hurts me... really bad... but thank you for the advice!

33 or... 45...

:spiteful:

yeah, not to be missed, for sure

Archived