Sign in to follow this  
Dpek

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

This is much closer to a rough sketch of the entire complete all stems combined hidden piece compared to what I have uploaded to soundcloud. Everything makes an appearance. The offset drumming makes it very insane to try and figure out. Very 3D sounding. This picture is by no means final. TONS of fuck ups all the over the place. Listening to it as shown in this picture will only reveal the sketch of how all the pieces fit together. This picture has sounds jumping all on top of one another and possesses little to no tightened up locked groves when all parts are going at once. The two pieces I posted are much more locked by comparison when separated, but I know they all fit, I can hear it. It is just a rough sketch right now, but very insane and cool. Happy to finally start hearing all of the parts being used.

post-18788-0-41176000-1425192944_thumb.png

Guest Snazzell

I also mixed those two syro tracks. I think those also are supposed to be played together. But the mixes I heard people upload had cuts. These I am putting up are just the tracks as they were released fused together. Mine sounds like this: https://soundcloud.com/charliebrownsandersiii/syroclont1000

Fucking digging this wow.

I know right! The shifting parts from one headphone back to the other call and response shit. It is nutzzo.

DISKPREPT1, oh God I love this, the middle mainly. Thank you richard

it's terrible... version 45 rpm... wooow ... i love it... In fact, i put the vinyl and i followed you to listen to 45 rpm... actually i've listened a lot in 33 1/2 rpm and there, having had my squirt... told myself that i had to do what you did... and i got a slap... it hurts me... really bad... but thank you for the advice!

33 or... 45...

:spiteful:

yeah, not to be missed, for sure

For what it's worth, I think Fringerviv is on to something. I look forward to hearing the finished piece.

hey fingerviv why dont you elliminate the limitation of insisting that richard released an album of stems so you can cut the songs and make a mix you can put your name on

or continue, whatever

i like the album as it is. i could see how the songs could be assembled in alternate ways but i dont think theyre stems.

Edited by very honest

Some new techniques for piano modifications:

Not feeling the CCAI mix, it sounds like a nice mix of the album but I can't see it being designed to fit together.

Those Syro tracks together on the other hand fit really nicely!

Some new techniques for piano modifications:

really, really cool!

33 > 45

no

heat

His EPs are always the best, and this one's no exception. It's the perfect counterpart to Syro. Despite the fact that one is synth driven and the other acoustic, they both sound like they're cut from the same sonic cloth. It's something to do with those wide, warm tones. Super roomy sound. Love it. I just wish he expanded on the really short tracks, as they all sound like they want to be fleshed out into something epic. I really hope there's a part 1 yet to come. If he explored this sort of thing the same way he did acid/drill 'n' bass... that could be some revolutionary music.

Exactly how I feel, especially agreeing with your statement about the warm tone. For me, both Syro and CCAI2 hit the same emotional spot. Only difference is that they approach it from a different angle. Although I said earlier It wouldn't be so good idea to mix the tracklists, I still somehow feel like these two are meant to be played one after another. Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried out mixing the tracklists in a way it actually worked?

Bear in mind that only half of Drukqs was Disklavier/percussion nonsense. The rest is ultra-fast breakbeat fuckery, which is probably what most people associate the album with.

Yeah, one half still missing; Computer Sequenced Breakbeat Samples Pt. 2 coming up.

Yes please. Would buy....twice. Unless it has already been released as steinvord :spiteful:

I've still not heard this yet. :dry:

Waiting for a proper sesh. Hopefully Friday night actually as I have a long weekend.

probably been discussed, but what are the talking about in dishatt ALL? some random breakfast conversation?

nobody time...you woke up...untill 11...something something

What's up with those static noises in diskhat ALL13? Like that one that pops up at 5:04... doesn't seem to be linked to any instruments that joins the mix at that moment. Mixing automation mistake?

Assuming you're referring to the tape hiss/mic noise, I think that's deliberate. Can't imagine Rich would let something as blatant-sounding as that slip by him. Also, I'm pretty sure it always starts/ends a couple of bars before a new instrument is brought into/taken away from the mix.

Same with the looping. I think he's gone all sloppy/imperfect on us.

Edited by valleyinaire

Assuming you're referring to the tape hiss/mic noise, I think that's deliberate.

Agreed. I like it. Adds to the overall sound.

Starting to really think those hiss marks represent when different stems pop into the overall track mix. The more I listen to it the more I hear the same parts across all the stems. Still working on it.

The talking exists in the beginning of Diskat ALL and also through out the Diskprept 1 track. I can't tell what they are saying in either track.

Last night I set up two screens and watched godfather 1 and 2 at the same time - was awesome . Same guy in both movies so obviously this is how it's meant to be watched

Starting to really think those hiss marks represent when different stems pop into the overall track mix. The more I listen to it the more I hear the same parts across all the stems. Still working on it.

it's cool that you're doing this but don't think for a second that's how it's intended to be

Last night I set up two screens and watched godfather 1 and 2 at the same time - was awesome . Same guy in both movies so obviously this is how it's meant to be watched

Haha nice - seem to remember there being exactly the same theory when Drukqs came out. Big (unfounded) theory on here back in the day that the two CDs should be played at once and bits would sync up (rather than what actually resulted was a big old mess, with some bits being only slightly less of a mess)