IGNORED

Every episode of Friends played simultaneously is like some kind of Dadaist nightmare

Berk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is actually somewhat relaxing. its like white noise

That's cause it is white noise.

Up to about 6 kHz it's more pink-like actually.

Did you see any black people in there?

hY108.gif

before then, SAP and then SERVICE drop into the imagery. It's not everything layered on top of one another but things shuffle in and out over a limited number of overlays, i suspect something similar is going on with the sound. Also, i agree with the 'sounds like a crowded space' analogy, like a busy restaurant or something. I watched for a bit and then when i stopped to read the thread, my brain had to adjust lol.

before then, SAP and then SERVICE drop into the imagery. It's not everything layered on top of one another but things shuffle in and out over a limited number of overlays, i suspect something similar is going on with the sound. Also, i agree with the 'sounds like a crowded space' analogy, like a busy restaurant or something. I watched for a bit and then when i stopped to read the thread, my brain had to adjust lol.

It feels more invasive than most noisey stuff. When I turn it off I don't really feel the silence I just kind of feel disoriented. Incredible stuff.

Well that was shit wasn't it

More culturally irrelevant than Emin's worst work. Shame on The Independent for trolling, trying to get hipsters giddy with that pile of shit. They know which buttons to press.

Well that was shit wasn't it

More culturally irrelevant than Emin's worst work. Shame on The Independent for trolling, trying to get hipsters giddy with that pile of shit. They know which buttons to press.

lol

+5 watmm points for this post

you're not really wrong though

Excellent! Why waste time watching them separately when you could watch them all at once?

tumblr_mojquvAnJe1qjejgbo1_400.gif

Oh yeah that's why.

OMG, haven't seen Chopping Mall in over 20 years !

What I'm a little confused about is why the opening titles don't all start at the same time. Usually when a show is put together everything is structured real precisely to fit a time slot.

Excellent! Why waste time watching them separately when you could watch them all at once?

tumblr_mojquvAnJe1qjejgbo1_400.gif

Oh yeah that's why.

OMG, haven't seen Chopping Mall in over 20 years !

What I'm a little confused about is why the opening titles don't all start at the same time. Usually when a show is put together everything is structured real precisely to fit a time slot.

Doesn't Friends start with a cold open? (I honestly can't remember). The end titles don't start simultaneously either but I suppose the network was happy to add a few extra commercials when episodes were a couple of minutes short.

could that BE any more of a headfuck?

Like what you did there.

Stop dissing Friends everyone - it's the best thing that's been on telly since Cheers.

Archived