IGNORED

Tiny Computer on an HDMI Dongle

autopilot

yeh i dont tbh. but the thing just seems pricey when there are much cheaper alternatives with more flexibility, and wired internet

yeh i dont tbh. but the thing just seems pricey when there are much cheaper alternatives with more flexibility, and wired internet

yeah, sorry man. you don't know what you're talking about.

I assume you're referring to the Raspberry Pi, or Beagleboard, or some other ARM based small computer that is a 'cheaper alternative'. If you indeed are, then the term 'flexibility' is only applicable in certain situations - as I've already mentioned, they don't run anything meant for x86 CPUs.

As far as wired internet, yeah that may be a concern for some. It would be for me too. However, a USB Ethernet adapter would fix that.

i think white would be the better choice due to the heat diffracting nature of the colour, preventing lost packets. the stick itself is black so the segregation you speak off would actually dissolve upon plugging.

i think white would be the better choice due to the heat diffracting nature of the colour, preventing lost packets. the stick itself is black so the segregation you speak off would actually dissolve upon plugging.

you were wrong lmao

I guess eventually there wont be separate devices at all anyway - no TV, console, bluray player, stereo, smartphone it will all just in a cloud and people will have different screens and speakers

And then after that, not even screens and speakers, just brain implants

And then after that, not even brains, just pure data in pure cyberspace

And after that an inert singular unity that doesn't do anything ever except feel constant pleasure and novelty

I predict this will all happen by January 2013

i ahd an idea for a shell phone where your phone is actually running on a server and you just carry around cheap devices that poll it for updates and battery lasts like a kindle and you can throw in the sea without too much financial repercussion.

was going to make my fortune on kickstarter but then just spilled the idea onto watmm by mistake

was released in january 2015 by someone who posts later in this thread

i ahd an idea for a shell phone where your phone is actually running on a server and you just carry around cheap devices that poll it for updates and battery lasts like a kindle and you can throw in the sea without too much financial repercussion.

was going to make my fortune on kickstarter but then just spilled the idea onto watmm by mistake

was released in january 2015 by someone who posts later in this thread

actually, I think the Firefox OS phones work in a very similar manner, in a sense - whereby the apps are just HTML5, and aren't stored locally.

yeh that's the start, but in my version your sim card, contacts, apps would all be serverside and your unit would just be a small kindle with microphone and speaker with a 3g connection to your phones innards which are in a server farm somewhere

carrying around a led screen and the size of a small tablet alongside all that fucking other convenient but mostly redundant hardware in your pocket attached to a heavy battery is nonsense

obv this phone would be for the thinking man / hacker not for the slaves who stare into instagram 23 hours a day constantly anxious about their battery and notifications

not had a smart phone for over 6 months, feels good

Archived