IGNORED

Alva Noto - Xerrox Vol. 3

triachus

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T. Hanks for the recs guys, I'ma go dumpster diving into the digital dank with these, wish me luck :catsalute:

don't tell me how it ends tho

Xerrox dies

*edit - probably shoulda put that in spoiler

*edit - now in spoiler

I was also really into all the Diamond Version releases. Kind of a continuation on the Uni-sound, but a bit heavier I felt. Great for playing obscenely loud.

• 2 weeks later...

Only heard it on ear buds whilst sitting on a train to Devon, and kept drifting off to sleep.... But I really liked what I heard when I was awake - looking forward to a proper listen soon!

ok finally got to this one. first impressions...this is the xerrox w the most "open" vibe. some of the melodic bits are quite upfront and feel flowing and improvised which is probably the most distinguishing element of this volume. i'll need more listens for sure but at the outset this feels like it fits quite nicely in the series and feels like a brighter, almost summery variant. i quite like it.

for me the first one is pure perfection. it's such an amazing balance between textural sheets and restrained musical motifs. some of those moments when a few simple notes come in over a bed of dark chords and washes of noise are so powerful. the second one imo has an almost psychedelic darkness to it. the instrumental palette brings a new dimension of emotions and on some of the pieces he really takes the noisey component to queasy areas which is really cool. this third one feels much more loose, even some of the filter sweeps and effects tweaks seem more casual than anything heard in the previous volumes. i also think the reverb is more vast which opens things up compared to the other two albums.

xerrox one to me feels grey, beautifully so. 2 is definitely a dark night. and i think 3 brings in some light and fresh air.

also, totally happy that i got the cd and not teh vinals.

great working music and thanks for the review alco.

I think this is great - carsten's got his own distinct style and he sticks with it.

looking forward to vol. 4, 5, and 6!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This third volume so reminds of the soundtrack to the game Knytt Underground, the whole thing has lovely background noises and available for free here - http://www.ni2.se/downloads/free/Knytt%20Underground%20OST.zip

Here's the game if you're interested - http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt+Underground

• 3 months later...

Revisited Xerrox after hearing the score for The Revenant. I love the piece of Xerrox they use in the movie.

Funny, I came here to recommend the The Revenant soundtrack to those who, including me, were disappointed in the latest Xerrox album.

I'd like this but there is no way I pay Bleep £13.49 for a cd. And that's before shipping. What a joke.

£16.24 just for Royal Mail Economy in the UK.

Revisited Xerrox after hearing the score for The Revenant. I love the piece of Xerrox they use in the movie.

Funny, I came here to recommend the The Revenant soundtrack to those who, including me, were disappointed in the latest Xerrox album.

Was kinda surprising to hear Vladislav Delay in the movie as well. The people behind Revenant really must like glitches and drones.

Archived