IGNORED

Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

After T breakz are always a lovely reminder of the wonderful high tech lazer of the flower.

I think eventually we all become perma stone mode or something. Just uploaded this new track yesterday, and I think blazage has influenced my music to have more dreamy qualities:

Did your tolerance ever decrease enough to where you could enjoy it again? I haven't smoked in a few months but I'm fairly certain it'll just have the same effect. Oh and did it ever make you kind of irrational due to things being more intense?

Major anxiety seems incredibly common. First year or two is the 'honeymoon' period, then enjoyment tanks. Actually now that I think about it, I think I did have some kind of withdrawal when I was smoking the most 2-3 years back. I was super irritable and short fused when on it, and remember being still more irritable than my sober 'baseline' if you want to call it that. Smoking makes everything more intense now so I end up over-reacting to things. Whereas it used to make everything less intense.

So I suppose now I know why many people in their 30s-40s+ who like weed have a blunt or two hidden around the house for special occasions. I used to figure they just got bored of it and grew up, but many of them probably experienced what I'm experiencing now.

I'm really dumbing this down because I don't remember the specifics, but there have been recent studies that show that long-term chronic users have pruning of cannabinoid receptors in their neurons because of the overabundance of it in the body. When you stop cold turkey, neurons stop the pruning process and start creating more and more until you put it back into your body again. However, the neurons prune back even faster to where they were before because its the body's new homeostasis setting that its used to.

Fortunately, cannabinoid receptors (CB1 ones at least) return really fast after an absence of weed in your system and 50% back to normal after about 36-48 hours. Consuming it every other day will keep your tolerance levels balanced. After 72 hours, its about 75%, with a full week being roughly 100%. So basically a t-break doesn't have to be any longer than 2-3 days.

I just ate some of that, and I’m sitting in a posh bar in Northampton, MA. I’m about to eat some mussels and fries with a nice Belgian ale.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any sort of explanation for why other psyches (lsd / shrooms) change the high you get from weed long after tripping? For me it changed it from relaxed hazyness and generally more enjoyment, to something way less chill and more psychedelic, it's almost like now getting baked sort of breaks down the wall between my conscious / unconscious mind where it didn't before.

Also, wtf America.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 4:47 AM, vkxwz said:

Anyone have any sort of explanation for why other psyches (lsd / shrooms) change the high you get from weed long after tripping? For me it changed it from relaxed hazyness and generally more enjoyment, to something way less chill and more psychedelic, it's almost like now getting baked sort of breaks down the wall between my conscious / unconscious mind where it didn't before.

Also, wtf America.

bumping this old thread

I would say that the answer is that when you experience more complex psychedelics, you become aware of the strangeness of your mind in the normal state, and the strangeness of what it's like to be high on cannabis.  I feel like all non-depressant altered states are similar in this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading my original posts in this thread is funny.  I actually did end up having a psilocybin experience since then and yet my opinion of hallucinogens still hasn't changed.

Mostly I just think it's a waste of money that could be spent on geer instead.

But I do drink unreasonable amounts of coffee daily, if that counts.

It does seem a little eerie to me how cannabis has become such a revered and ubiquitous thing in our society over the last century.  I think our "substance society" is indicative of the general state of things and our eagerness to escape from the problems that are too systematic to solve.

Edited by drillkicker

Did some amazing gummies last week on vacation, these Stoney Patch were ok, but they had melted into one big glob, so we just cut pieces off with scissors.  Then we got the good stuff; Dinosaurs and Space Invader shaped green gummies.  Two of em kicked my ass, had to caffeine just stay awake, lol

IMG_6264.JPG

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Did some amazing gummies last week on vacation, these Stoney Patch were ok, but they had melted into one big glob, so we just cut pieces off with scissors.  Then we got the good stuff; Dinosaurs and Space Invader shaped green gummies.  Two of em kicked my ass, had to caffeine just stay awake, lol

IMG_6264.JPG

Those are super strong...gotta be careful with them. Lots of newbs freaking out on stuff like that.

• Like 1