Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?
All Things Cannabis

• Please log in to reply
1064 replies to this topic

#1051 Extralife

Extralife

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • 72 topics
  • Joined 04-January 17

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

https://www.motherjo...ntal-illness-1/

Any of you read this article? Some of it seems sensationalized, but the studies behind this book seem legit. Some scary stuff in there.

#1052 whosebrian

whosebrian

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • 39 topics
  • Joined 13-December 16

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Any of you read this article? Some of it seems sensationalized, but the studies behind this book seem legit. Some scary stuff in there.

I read the similar article below about the devil's lettuce. It's interesting that data points to weed use causing mental illness over mental illness driving people to self medicate. In my experience as a mental health customer, I was told that weed exacerbates bipolar symptoms and not to use it.

https://www.nytimes....galization.html

#1053 darreichungsform

darreichungsform

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • 81 topics
  • Joined 31-July 16
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/darreichungsform
  • Interests:giving advice

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

screenyweeny_silikon_silicone_fake-penis

I'd go for circumcised

Edited by darreichungsform, 12 January 2019 - 04:15 PM.

#1054 Extralife

Extralife

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • 72 topics
  • Joined 04-January 17

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:31 PM

I read the similar article below about the devil's lettuce. It's interesting that data points to weed use causing mental illness over mental illness driving people to self medicate. In my experience as a mental health customer, I was told that weed exacerbates bipolar symptoms and not to use it.

https://www.nytimes....galization.html
Yes, this article is pretty stark in that regard. I’ve never neared panic attack stage after partaking, so that’s a good sign, right?

Definitely feel that alcohol is still way more destructive though.

Edited by Extralife, 12 January 2019 - 04:31 PM.

#1055 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,353 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

I get major anxiety depending on the strain - not quite panic attacks but I have noticed schizophrenic type tendencies if I have high THC varieties (some family members have schizophrenia, they're old but still).

For example I start to see physical shapes come together to look like eyes or something watching me, starts to make me nervous and anxious so I'll look away, something else will look the same, and so on, until I feel like I'm surrounded by shit watching me when really it's just a bunch of inanimate objects lol. But I realize when it's happening that it doesn't make sense and what I'm seeing is just because I'm stoned - so I guess in that regard I still have my sanity (IE I don't think it's ACTUALLY stuff watching me, but it's still enough to make me uncomfortable?).

kinda f'ed up =/

edit: and sure enough the article refers to schizophrenia, just noticed that.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj, 12 January 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#1056 Extralife

Extralife

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • 72 topics
  • Joined 04-January 17

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

It’s kinda depressing cause I’m trying to drink less alcohol and have been offsetting with edibles (and cardio!)

I feel way better but I’m guessing things won’t be great in the long term if I don’t cut back on it all (except the cardio).

Edited by Extralife, 12 January 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#1057 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,353 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Hey, I think I'm in the same boat as you. Sounds like my situation exactly.

Trying to bring blood pressure down, lose a bit of weight and get my brainpower back by laying off the sauce, have the occasional toke instead. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj, 12 January 2019 - 04:49 PM.

#1058 THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

got a light ???

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • 330 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05
  • SoundCloud URL:soundcloud.com/arranha-ceus
  • Interests:^◊^

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:14 AM

It’s just a pre-employment piss test right? And not a job at a government agency? Just get some QuickFix and look up reviews and success stories. It’s fake piss that comes with a heating pad and you just smuggle it in like 007. I got two pretty good jobs this way.

yeah, for now it is, didn't have a clue that such a thing existed, fake piss hehe, i'll keep it in mind thanks :thumbsup:

If u smoke 5g within a month of a piss test it's very likely you will test positive .

You can actually buy the piss test kits yourself to see btw to take the mystery out of it .. don't know of any surefire way to beat it other than fake it . I assume they test for diuretics ... my understanding is that you're not a fat bastard so you've got that as an advantage a second it stores itself in fat tissue , but I don't know if that has a meaningful impact on blood levels if all other factors are equal.

really? :| 

most articles say that for a regular/heavy user is about one month and for a sporadic user it usually goes away in like 2 or 3 weeks top... i though if you'd smoke like 5g in a weekend exceptionally or something like that you'd fall in the sporadic consumer category...

we're talking about urine tests right? are there blood tests for thc level as well?

#1059 THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

got a light ???

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • 330 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:20 AM

For example I start to see physical shapes come together to look like eyes or something watching me, starts to make me nervous and anxious so I'll look away, something else will look the same, and so on, until I feel like I'm surrounded by shit watching me when really it's just a bunch of inanimate objects lol. But I realize when it's happening that it doesn't make sense and what I'm seeing is just because I'm stoned - so I guess in that regard I still have my sanity (IE I don't think it's ACTUALLY stuff watching me, but it's still enough to make me uncomfortable?).

but it's normal to hallucinate with high levels of thc right? 

when i was a regular user i rarely would hallucinate or maybe i was so used to it that i didn't even notice but now every time i smoke i get so fucked up that i can not even watch a movie cause all the shit on the tv gets crazy like an abstract painting... also the sound gets really weird, movies sound like really shitty dubs... i end up feeling like i'm watching some kind of parody movie...

#1060 cwmbrancity

cwmbrancity

2K, On My Way

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • 46 topics
  • Joined 05-January 15

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

shrubbery is approx 30 days-ish

with aggressive PTSD, cannabis (in small doses) can be a much more gentle option on the mind & body than Diazepam & other meds, without gushing that it's a panacea advocated by some

there was a superb vid on youlube profiling Canadian veterans, their mental health & their use of cannabis, but every conceivable word jumble search there has drawn a blank, aaaaaggggggghhhh, think it's been deleted

there are still a considerable amount of useful testimonies on that site about cannabis as a means to manage rather than cure PTSD, plus the range, scope & focus of the questions asked & the answers given are clearly evidence-based (as opposed to anecdotal waffle)

some of us have to take whatever help we can find when the development of psychological therapies, healthcare access & commercial pharmaceutical interests leave you at the thin end of a seemingly endless, barbaric, razor-sharp wedge

Edited by cwmbrancity, 13 January 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#1061 Stickfigger

Stickfigger

Some bullshit

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 15-April 08
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/user-507726405
  • Interests:https://meltedself.bandcamp.com/

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

It’s just a pre-employment piss test right? And not a job at a government agency? Just get some QuickFix and look up reviews and success stories. It’s fake piss that comes with a heating pad and you just smuggle it in like 007. I got two pretty good jobs this way.

yeah, for now it is, didn't have a clue that such a thing existed, fake piss hehe, i'll keep it in mind thanks :thumbsup:

If u smoke 5g within a month of a piss test it's very likely you will test positive .

You can actually buy the piss test kits yourself to see btw to take the mystery out of it .. don't know of any surefire way to beat it other than fake it . I assume they test for diuretics ... my understanding is that you're not a fat bastard so you've got that as an advantage a second it stores itself in fat tissue , but I don't know if that has a meaningful impact on blood levels if all other factors are equal.

really? :|
most articles say that for a regular/heavy user is about one month and for a sporadic user it usually goes away in like 2 or 3 weeks top... i though if you'd smoke like 5g in a weekend exceptionally or something like that you'd fall in the sporadic consumer category...
we're talking about urine tests right? are there blood tests for thc level as well?

Eh , apologies - yes urine test .

If you're only using sparingly you should be fine in a few weeks but it's hard to tell . Often when it refers to "use" it is done so in the context of someone pulling a cone or smoking a spliff - if you ingest 5g then this will take longer to metabolise than 2.5g , 1g etc.

Good luck

PS -you could always work this out by purchasing the testing kits as I mentioned above

#1062 Entorwellian

Entorwellian

Hypermnesia

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 24-September 07

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:58 AM

Ordered from the bcannabisstores.com again. The first time was alright but I wasn't too impressed this time around. My sealed container was opened and the buds were pretty dry, had lots of shake, and didn't have much of a smell. It was packaged in early December. I was sketched out. Did the measuring with a digital scale and there was 3.5 g inside, but when it came to vaping it I would call it a "lackluster mid", and this is paying more than what the medical dispensary charges. Did the post delivery guy open it maybe? Dunno if I would order it online again.

Edited by Entorwellian, 15 January 2019 - 01:02 AM.

#1063 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06
  • Interests:huntin', fishin', shootin' a gun, watchin' the game, taxidermy.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

....but I have noticed schizophrenic type tendencies if I have high THC varieties 

edit: and sure enough the article refers to schizophrenia, just noticed that.

Yeah I noticed pretty quickly that it brings out such tendancies in myself, so I pretty much never touch the stuff.  I might partake maybe once a year if I'm at some social gathering and want to fit in/give it another chance.  Other people seem to love weed so much I'm always kind of envious.  I don't know what it's like to enjoy it in that same way.  It either dumbs me down/makes me tired or makes me crazy.  Clearly I'm missing something, wish I could experience it the same way others do.

Oh man, but jamming with groups of musicians who are all stoned is maddening.  All sense of rhythmic precision gets lost and nobody else seems to notice or care.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova, 15 January 2019 - 01:20 AM.

#1064 THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

got a light ???

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • 330 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:37 AM

Oh man, but jamming with groups of musicians who are all stoned is maddening.  All sense of rhythmic precision gets lost and nobody else seems to notice or care.

highly recommended if you haven't watched it yet...

#1065 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06
  • Interests:huntin', fishin', shootin' a gun, watchin' the game, taxidermy.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

That's great!  I will put that down on my watch list.