IGNORED

Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

If any UK watmmers are interested in an Arizer Air, I'm selling mine;  £130, in nearly-new condition with the original stems, case, charger, scraper, etc.

I'm sad to part with it because it's a lovely bit of kit but I'm not really smoking at the moment so it's just sitting in my drawer and gathering dust and things are a bit tight financially; PM me if you're interested, happy to provide photos etc. Thought I'd post here before sticking it up on eBay ;)

Sigh .

How about we call it Wax Liquidiser instead of PG then ...

Simple Alkane extractions under pressure are some of the most effective methods and the alkanes evaporate at room temp leaving clean THC behind .... very easy to do and doesn't take long ...

Liquid c02 obv best choice but difficult process and not easy to complete with accessible materials ...

PG should be avoided IMO. Hydrocarbon extractions aren't easily purged the heavier they are. You shouldn't be doing hydrocarbon extraction at your house. Without a CLS, vacuum oven or access to testing, one shouldn't make extracts outside the realm of heat, pressure and/or water-hash/icewax.

What alkane extraction are you referring to? Without removing lipids and fats and just leaving the mass to evaporate you'll just end up off-gassing terpenes and ending up with a bunch of shit you don't want to vaporize into your lungs along with residual solvents trapped in the end product. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so I'm gonna buy pax3 in 2 weeks, somebody tell me a good reason why not...

What are you looking for in a vapourizer? Pax 2 and 3 are both solid but cleaning and packing weed into them is a bitch. For cleaning it will gunk up quickly if you don't do routine swabbing and scraping. For packing make sure you use a full bowl's worth and use those press tools that it comes with to pack the weed down evenly or else it will burn or vape unevenly. I *think* there is a half-packer tool that comes with the Pax 3 though so that second part might not be an issue anymore. I never owned the Pax 3, but since its conduction-heated the the red temp setting on the Pax 2 burned the weed a bit so it isn't 100% combustion proof. You shouldn't really have to vape at a high temp unless you are not saving your vaped weed, but it was something I noticed. You also have to use an iphone app for customized temperatures.

There are better portable vapes but if you want something battery powered, can vape both dry herb and concentrates, and you are expecting to use it a lot outside the home then Pax 3 is probably the best pocket-portable dry herb vape on the market right now. This vape purchasing flowchart is pretty spot on as a reference: https://i.redditmedia.com/PHx8Ld2RzPhAjKpn0p80MRit8oNtFHqkt0GltSxaDqk.jpg?s=eff20b2401937f0632d1b76d5be6df9d

Otherwise I might recommend you check out Dynavap pen series. They're butane/bic lighter powered but you get monster hits out of it, have water cooling options, and they're cheap. Whenever you see people making huge cloud hits on videos they're usually using a dynavap pen. Also anything made from Arizer is good too and bring out amazing terpine flavours, but they're products tend to be less portable since they rely on glass pieces. Arizer's portable vapes are also the best for beginners since there is next to no maintenance required of them. You just throw the glass piece into a bag of iso and rock salt once a week, shake for a minute, and your cleaning is done.

It's really hard to say what vaporizer to get though because the technology is still new, all of them have flaws and we haven't even figured out the ideal mouthpiece, oven shape, heating type, or optimal temperature. Heck, nothing has surpassed the S&B Volcano yet, and not only was it one of the first commercially marketed vaporizers but its almost 20 years old now!

Edited by Entorwellian

How did it ruin weed? I always thought they were enablers of eachother.

I had a really bad trip on the former two; any time i would do the latter it was an instant flashback/ retrip.

The Pax2 ships with the oven lid that reduces the oven size by 50% these days i believe.

Also at the third setting i've not experienced burning? I generally don't use it at a higher setting than that because of sedation.

Yeah I had mine roast a few times if the weed was overly dry. Again though I think it is dependent on making sure you pack it correctly with the tools. I was just tamping it down with my pinky finger for the longest time and I think the unevenness contributed to it happening. Regardless, it still burned, a few weed bits were charred and disintegrated like ash when I took it out. I swear up and down by it.

One thing I read up on with the Pax 3 though is that it has a heating option that slowly ramps up from a lower temp to a higher temp over a period of time. That would be a huge selling point for me because I do that with my other vapes and doing it manually is a chore after a while. You can buzzcraft by starting off at 180 and finishing at 200-210. It's the best thing.

Anyway Pax 2 or 3 are good purchases. They are both perfect travel vapourizers and have the same vapour quality. If you don't mind a slower heat up time, slightly shorter battery time, lack of custom temperatures, don't want to use an iphone app and don't do concentrates then get the Pax 2.

Edited by Entorwellian

hey thanks for such valuable information. I'm mostly looking for a portable one to smoke dry weed, we don't have concentrates here in Portugal yet...i don't know anythinf about the temperatures though... so i guess pax2 is probably the best way to go? or i mean, i have enough money for the 3 so...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

How did it ruin weed? I always thought they were enablers of eachother.

I had a really bad trip on the former two; any time i would do the latter it was an instant flashback/ retrip.
bad trip on ecstasy? that's a first.... i had the same with lsd, everytime i smoked after my first bad trip i got this bitter vibe all around me but i guess i smoked so much to the point where i got used to that feeling... Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

hey thanks for such valuable information. I'm mostly looking for a portable one to smoke dry weed, we don't have concentrates here in Portugal yet...i don't know anythinf about the temperatures though... so i guess pax2 is probably the best way to go? or i mean, i have enough money for the 3 so...

If you have the money go for a Pax 3 by all means. The little upgrades they've done to it are worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

just got my pax3 but I've tried to use the app with it but it doesn't connect with the app... my phone finds the pax3 on bluetooth devices, apparently there's something wrong with the app... :(

This might be the most futuristic sentence I've ever read - Can't smoke the drugs because of bluetooth and application issues

just got my pax3 but I've tried to use the app with it but it doesn't connect with the app... my phone finds the pax3 on bluetooth devices, apparently there's something wrong with the app... :(

This might be the most futuristic sentence I've ever read - Can't smoke the drugs because of bluetooth and application issues
lol actually i can't smoke because I'm on a ship until november 28, I'm just wondering why i can't seem to got pax working with the app...anyway I'm not picky to the point where i need to select such specific temps, 4 are just fine by me... Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Either two things:

1. It's the power in the Pax. Charge your pax to 100% then reboot your phone and make sure bluetooth is enabled, then physically shake the pax 3 until the lights go blue. Then open the Pax app.

- If that doesn't work, try opening the pax app first THEN turn on and shake the pax 3.

2. You got a fake Pax 3. The app is also a method to determine whether your Pax is a knock off or the real deal.

I would be worried if it is the latter and would try and get a refund if possible.

edit: I dunno... it *could* be something with the app itself if your device is legit. You could ask around reddit's vaporents or f*ckcombustion for more troubleshooting. Otherwise contact Pax's support.

Just had a hit from my old Pax 2 as well. It's harsh as hell but it *does* get results.

Edited by Entorwellian

Either two things:

1. It's the power in the Pax. Charge your pax to 100% then reboot your phone and make sure bluetooth is enabled, then physically shake the pax 3 until the lights go blue. Then open the Pax app.

- If that doesn't work, try opening the pax app first THEN turn on and shake the pax 3.

2. You got a fake Pax 3. The app is also a method to determine whether your Pax is a knock off or the real deal.

I would be worried if it is the latter and would try and get a refund if possible.

edit: I dunno... it *could* be something with the app itself if your device is legit. You could ask around reddit's vaporents or f*ckcombustion for more troubleshooting. Otherwise contact Pax's support.

Just had a hit from my old Pax 2 as well. It's harsh as hell but it *does* get results.

it's not the latter definetly because i bought on an official retailer... gonna try and charge it fully. thanks m8