Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

Illinois legalized recreational cannabis, sales started today:)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my experience a lot of cbd flower aka hemp buds seem to have been sprayed with terpenes extracted elsewhere so they pass the nose test. When you can get 99% cbd distillates and get the right rig, t

not THC related, but: https://www.sciencealert.com/a-woman-accidentally-took-550-times-the-normal-dosage-of-lsd-case-report-details    

Posted Images

Awesome:)

Illinois: Governor Issues Over 11,000 Pardons Ahead of Marijuana Legalization

• by Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director December 31, 2019

https://blog.norml.org/2019/12/31/illinois-governor-issues-over-11000-pardons-ahead-of-marijuana-legalization/

Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker today issued over 11,000 pardons to those with low-level marijuana convictions. The action came on the eve of the enactment of legislation legalizing adult-use cannabis sales.

“As one of the authors of this historic law, I am so proud to witness equity being put into practice today,” said Toi Hutchinson, Senior Advisor to the Governor for Cannabis Control. “The 11,017 pardons that Gov. Pritzker is granting today are thousands of lives forever changed — and hundreds of thousands more will be changed in the coming months. Those who were unfairly targeted by discriminatory drug laws can finally get ahead and build a new future for themselves and their families.”

Under the new law, state-licensed retailers may provide up to 30 grams of cannabis to those over the age of 21. Those who are visiting from out of state may purchase 15 grams of cannabis.

The law also enacts several other changes. Specifically, it permits qualified patients for the first time to engage in the home cultivation of up to five plants, while decriminalizing home grows for non-patients. The law also establishes procedures for the automatic expungement of low-level minor convictions (possession up to 30 grams) and facilitates a process for the expungement of cases involving the possession of up to 500 grams. An estimated 700,000 convictions are eligible for relief under the law.

https://blog.norml.org/2019/12/31/illinois-governor-issues-over-11000-pardons-ahead-of-marijuana-legalization/

• Like 1

Thing with the 90day tourist visa is you don’t really need to disclose previous drug convictions, spent or otherwise, to slip the radar....the irony of moral turpitude

How else could masses of Mancunians, Dubliners & travellers get over for various boxing & MMA events

22 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

When I do a marijuana I find it harder to wake up 

I find cannabis has opened my eyes

• Farnsworth 1

I consume Rick Simpson Oil, Distillate and bits of Shatter

Everyday

For once I can't remember

last time I was ill:)

I'll be 27 years in remission from cancer May 13, 2020

Cannabis is Magic:)

Cannabis compound could be weapon in fight against superbugs

Mice cured of MRSA, raising hopes of treating antibiotic-resistant bacteria

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/19/cannabis-compound-could-be-weapon-in-fight-against-superbugs

Ian Sample

Sun 19 Jan 2020 15.07 GMT

A compound made by cannabis plants has been found to wipe out drug-resistant bacteria and break down persistent films of the microbes, raising hopes for a new weapon in the fight against superbugs.

Scientists screened five cannabis compounds for their antibiotic properties and found that one, cannabigerol or CBG, was particularly potent at killing methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA, one of the most common hospital superbugs.

Tests in the lab showed that CBG, which is not psychoactive, killed common MRSA microbes and “persister” cells that are especially resistant to antibiotics and which often drive repeat infections. The compound also cleared up hard-to-shift “biofilms” of MRSA that can form on the skin and on medical implants.

Having seen how effective the substance was against bacteria in the lab, the researchers decided to test CBG’s ability to treat infections in animals. In a new study, which has not yet been published, they found that CBG cured mice of MRSA infections as effectively as vancomycin, a drug widely considered the last line of defence against drug-resistant microbes. The study is under review at the ACS Infectious Diseases journal.

Eric Brown, a microbiologist who led the work at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, said cannabinoids were “clearly great drug-like compounds”, but noted it was early days in assessing the compounds for use in the clinic. “There is much work to do to explore the potential of the cannabinoids as antibiotics from the safety standpoint,” he said.

Antibiotic resistance has become a major threat to public health. England’s former chief medical officer Dame Sally Davies has warned that the loss of effective antibiotics would lead to “apocalyptic scenarios”, with patients dying from routine infections and many operations becoming too risky to perform.

In the study, the researchers describe how the rapid global spread of drug resistance, caused by microbes developing mutations that protect them against antibiotics, has driven an urgent need to explore new sources of drugs. Among antibiotics in use today, the newest date back to discoveries made more than 30 years ago.

Bacteria fall into two classes depending on the makeup of their cells. MRSA bugs are known as gram positive bacteria, and have a single, thick cell membrane. Gram negative bugs differ in having inner and outer cell membranes and these infections can be harder to treat. In the World Health Organization’s priority list of drug-resistant bacteria, all three ranked as a “critical” priority are gram negative, namely Acinetobacter baumannii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Enterobacteriaceae.

Brown found that CBG and other cannabinoids did not work well against gram negative multi-drug resistant bugs. But the team went on to show that when CBG was used with small quantities of polymyxin B, an existing antibiotic that disrupts the outer membrane of gram negative bacteria, the cannabis compound wiped out the drug-resistant pathogens.

Cannabis plants are thought to make the compounds to fight off invading pathogens, but there are other ways to produce CBG. To study the compound, Brown’s team synthesised it in the lab using the chemicals olivetol and geraniol. “We are now pursuing the required paperwork to work with a wide variety of cannabinoids,” he said.

Mark Blaskovich, who studies antibiotic cannabis compounds at the University of Queensland, said cannabis seemed to be particularly rich in antibiotics, though other plants such as tea tree, garlic and the spices turmeric and curcurmin also contained antibacterials.

“These are likely made as a defence mechanism to protect the plant from bacterial and fungal infections, but to date have not been very useful for human infections as they really only work outside the body,” he said. “That’s what makes this new report potentially exciting – evidence that cannabigerol is able to treat a systemic infection in mice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/19/cannabis-compound-could-be-weapon-in-fight-against-superbugs

• Like 2

Hemp Elf leads the pack this side of the pond. Shatter n wax imported from Colorado & their flowers & resins range are tasty....come to Butthead

https://hempelf.com/collections/cbd-shatter

https://hempelf.com/collections/cbd-wax

https://hempelf.com/collections/cbd-flowers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know any good shops in Rotterdam? I've been to a ton in Amsterdam but I'm going to Rotterdam for the first time this week

8 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

But does it work on farts?

I'm pretty sure that's how you calibrate it :emotawesomepm9:

4 hours ago, yekker said:
13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

But does it work on farts?

I'm pretty sure that's how you calibrate it 

it can calculate

down to the ppm

percentage of THC/CBD or any other cannabinoids

digested

and

released

into the air

of the

immediate

surrounding area

of the

brown dumpster

On 1/20/2020 at 9:36 PM, DavieAddison said:

Anyone know any good shops in Rotterdam? I've been to a ton in Amsterdam but I'm going to Rotterdam for the first time this week

Trefpunt was alright. Weed was above average, a bit pricey like everywhere in Rotterdam. And they offer coffee for but a euro and free sandwiches, at least they did when I was there ?‍♀️

• Thanks 1

smoke 'em

if ya got 'em

man sparks cannabis joint in court:)

• Like 1