IGNORED

Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

Yeah i just read that... I don't get it though... @Gocab

For hemp-derived CBD oil, the legal limit for THC content is less than 0.3%.

What does this mean? 0.3% per L, 0.3% per mL? 

Eg. If it's 0.3% per L does it mean that in 1L of cbd oil there's 0.3L of thc which is 3ml of thc per 1L of cbd oil? 

So if i consume 1L of cbd oil during one month I'll have 3ml of thc on my system? And that's legal? What about if I consume more than 1L per month? I will test positive for thc in my urine right? 

Htf does this chemical bs works? 

Edited by Tim_J

It'll break down in your body, and I doubt you're going to drink litres of the stuff? Or is that the plan, if so I think you're going to have other problems.

.3% of 1l = 3ml, or .003l if you wish @Tim_J

Edited by Gocab
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gocab said:

It'll break down in your body, and I doubt you're going to drink litres of the stuff? Or is that the plan, if so I think you're going to have other problems.

Yes but I gave the L example... What if it's 0.3% per mL? Then it's gonna be Why am I so misunderstood here? ?

Wait lol it's the same right? My math is shit... It's percentages... 

Edited by Tim_J

1 hour ago, cwmbrancity said:

What’s your dab rig, Mr @diatoms, if I might ask?

Jaxx both times

Started with this but one of the black ball feet broke off

I used a two stack lego piece to hold it up for a while

12562.jpg.21a2c1a4b9bde1eecbbd7683edadb425.jpg

then decided to get something more solid & bigger:)

wolf-jaxx-waterpipe.thumb.jpg.15389de42243e2e96e733c04ab5290e7.jpg

I have a Grace Dab glass extension that curves away from the rig

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gocab said:

i got it now, thanks prof!

@Tim_J pretty sure most, if not all CBD products are marketed that way. i.e. less than 0.3% THC content.

all it means is that this shit won't get you high

52 minutes ago, Gocab said:

my math was completely wrong but my doubt still stands... why am i so dumb...

seems like the legal amount of THC varies accordingly to how much you consume? wtf...

• you consume 1 mL oil, the legal amount is / you'll have in your system 0.003 mL of THC...
  • you consume 1 L oil, the legal amount is / you'll have in your system 0.003 L of THC...
Edited by Tim_J

9 minutes ago, zero said:

@Tim_J pretty sure most, if not all CBD products are marketed that way. i.e. less than 0.3% THC content.

all it means is that this shit won't get you high

yeah but that percentage makes the actual THC legal content vary accordingly to how much you consume... i know it doesn't, but i'm not smart enough to see it otherwise... by my calculations in my above post, seeing that it is a percentage, the more you consume, the higher the legal amount gets... and obviously that doesn't make any sense...

and it took me like 10 minutes to write this cause i don't even know how to explain what it is that i don't understand...

gonna give another dumb example... you buy one of those thingies that cwmbrancity mentioned, they're 1gram... which you conclude that if you have it all, it guarantees you will have the maximum of 0.003grams in your system... and that's also the maximum quantity that you can have on your urine for you to pass the test...

what about if you have 2 of those thingies? you'll not pass the urine test by my stupid maths because you just doubled what's allowed by law to pass the urine test... :psyduck:

^ I think I understand what you're getting at (more CBD product consumption = more THC in your system), but from my experience I don't think you'd want to drink a liter of CBD oil. would probably give you more of a headache or stomach ache than a high. the articles online are somewhat vague about it, but I they mention the level of CBD in any of the products out there somehow cancels out any of the THC effects you may feel. 

edit: if it's for drug testing, I don't think any percentage calculations will get you the truth if you will test positive or not from CBD products. they all mention you may not pass a drug screen, so proceed with caution. can't you buy an at home drug screen test easily nowadays?

Edited by zero

1 minute ago, zero said:

^ I think I understand what you're getting at (more CBD product consumption = more THC in your system), but from my experience I don't think you'd want to drink a liter of CBD oil. would probably give you more of a headache or stomach ache than a high. the articles online are somewhat vague about it, but I they mention the level of CBD in any of the products out there somehow cancels out any of the THC effects you may feel. 

yeah but forget the litre example, make it with whatever quantities you want... 1mL, 10mL, 1 whatever... for 1mL the maximum amount is X, for 10mL is 10X, for 100mL is 100X... so if you instead of 1mL you have 2mL you'll have consumed 2 times more than that of what you can stipulated by law to pass the urine test... there's gotta be something here that i'm failing to grasp...

Edited by Tim_J

10 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Let's try this again... 

one edible cookie has 0.3% of thc, if i eat 2 i fail the urine test... ?

Depends on the size of cookie, no? Your urine doesn't turn into .6% THC because you ate two of something with .3% THC in it. I just don't understand what you're getting at. If you're tested regularly at work I guess it's not worth the risk of you intend to do mass amounts of the stuff? 

35 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Depends on the size of cookie, no? Your urine doesn't turn into .6% THC because you ate two of something with .3% THC in it. I just don't understand what you're getting at. If you're tested regularly at work I guess it's not worth the risk of you intend to do mass amounts of the stuff? 

no, it doesn't depend on the size of the cookie... the cookie is legal, it states that it has less than 0.2 or 0.3 %... you can buy 3, all of them say 0.2 or 0.3, and just like you said, their percentages will not add up... so how does this work?

you buy one of these, or 2, or 3, and you'll always get thc levels under 0.2%... the percentage doesn't change according to the quantity, it changes according to the strain...

CBD Glueberry is a delicious CBD rich variety with CBD content around and upwards of 13%. THC is below 0.2%. There is no psychoactive high due to the lack of THC. But the CBD rich buds have a beautiful berry-fruit taste and resinous appearance. These CBD rich Glueberry buds look just like traditional cannabis buds and have a rich aroma. The CBD rich cannabis flowers are supplied in FreshFlower® containers which preserve the aroma and taste of the sticky CBD nuggets.

732786C9-466F-4E8F-ADAF-28228F9630CE-300

now, what i'm trying to get at is, i have a 2 months vacation period, and i would like to know if i smoke 1 gr of this per day, 60 days, how much % will i have in my urine test when i get back to work... tests are in my 1st day of work... i guess the legal 0.2 percentage is somehow linked to the maximum percentage of thc levels that you can have on your urine to pass the test... if so, there's the possibility of me smoking way to much and fail the test? shouldn't be, cause that 0.2% on the label guarantees me that I'M SAFE

Edited by Tim_J

You could get a Screeny Weeny and borrow some clean urine from somebody. It's a fake penis that you can use to shoot out urine (in case your BDSM boss likes to stare at your dick while you piss out all the yellow stinky goodness)

Spoiler

ScreenyWeeny-4-0_9334.jpg

And WTF? Your work place tests your urine like you are cattle? What a bunch of authoritarian capitalists

Edited by dingformung
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dingformung said:

You could get a Screeny Weeny and borrow some clean urine from somebody. It's a fake penis that you can use to shoot out urine (in case your BDSM boss likes to stare at your dick while you piss out all the yellow stinky goodness)

Hide contents

ScreenyWeeny-4-0_9334.jpg

And WTF? Your work place tests your urine like you are cattle? What a bunch of authoritarian capitalists

that's too big for me, nobody will buy it if they peek...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

1) 

no, it doesn't depend on the size of the cookie... the cookie is legal, it states that it has less than 0.2 or 0.3 %... you can buy 3, all of them say 0.2 or 0.3, and just like you said, their percentages will not add up... so how does this work?

you buy one of these, or 2, or 3, and you'll always get thc levels under 0.2%... the percentage doesn't change according to the quantity, it changes according to the strain...

2) now, what i'm trying to get at is, i have a 2 months vacation period, and i would like to know if i smoke 1 gr of this per day, 60 days, how much % will i have in my urine test when i get back to work... tests are in my 1st day of work... i guess the legal 0.2 percentage is somehow linked to the maximum percentage of thc levels that you can have on your urine to pass the test... if so, there's the possibility of me smoking way to much and fail the test? shouldn't be, cause that 0.2% on the label guarantees me that I'M SAFE

1) Yes it does depend on the size of the cookie. The % of THC is by weight. THC is presented as a percentage of dry weight. 1g @ 20% THC = 200mg. 2g @ 20% = 400mg IE "bigger cookie" = more THC so long as you're holding the %THC constant. So if you eat a 10lb 0.2% cookie A) you'll get high AF because you've ingested, overall, way way way more THC (908mg is a shit ton lol). B) a stomach ache and weight gain. Better to work out how many mg you've ingested rather than fixating on the %. Obviously the same goes for smoking different strains - higher % only matters if you don't adjust size (quantity) consumed.

2) It's almost impossible to try and determine how much THC will be in your system after X amount of days due in part to metabolic differences from individual to individual, though we can approximate just like we can with blood alcohol content (rough approximation is basically consume less overall product, at lower THC%, = lower THC levels in your body - same general idea as alcohol. Lower % alcohol, lower quantity/ml, = lower blood alcohol level). However THC metabolism is more complex and much different than alcohol, so we don't have the same impairment standards yet....like... you can say 1 beer per hour for 1 person at x weight = probably safe etc, we don't have that for THC. 

You can try and approximate based on lower THC levels but there is no magic formula where you can plug in stats and say you will have undetectable levels after x amount of days if you consumed x% THC product etc etc. I believe body lipids are one of the major factors in retention but I'm not sure. 

tl;dr 0.2% on the label doesn't guarantee anything, as it depends on the quantity of product you consume, how you metabolize it, and how long in between ingestion and testing. Metabolism is the hardest one to figure out obviously. There are "rules of thumb" out there you can find by googling THC metabolism rates etc, but no magic formula.

Err on the side of caution and just don't consume any if you're regularly tested.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

36 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

1) Yes it does depend on the size of the cookie. The % of THC is by weight. THC is presented as a percentage of dry weight. 1g @ 20% THC = 200mg. 2g @ 20% = 400mg IE "bigger cookie" = more THC so long as you're holding the %THC constant. So if you eat a 10lb cookie A) you'll get high AF because you've ingested, overall, way way way more THC. B) a stomach ache and weight gain. Better to work out how many mg you've ingested rather than fixating on the %. Obviously the same goes for smoking different strains - higher % only matters if you don't adjust size (quantity) consumed

This i don't understand... Or maybe we're talking about different things, maybe I shouldn't have used the cookie example... What u say completely makes sense, you do a cookie and you can use different amounts of weed therefore different thc amounts (percentage) per cookie... 

But I'm talking specifically about weed cbd strains that claim that its thc percentage is bellow 0.3%

In fact, in many states only hemp-derived CBD is available legally. These products, by law, can have no more than 0.3 percent THC. This isn’t enough to create any psychoactive symptoms.

What i take from there is that no matter how much I buy of that weed, it's always 0.3% thc or lower... And if so, no matter how much I smoke, I'm always safe to do a urine test. (let's assume that the % is indeed under 0.3%, i know some state they are but aren't in fact...)

The rest of your explanation i totally get it... 

Edited by Tim_J

8 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

This i don't understand... Or maybe we're talking about different things, maybe I shouldn't have used the cookie example... What u say completely makes sense, you do a cookie and you can use different amounts of weed therefore different thc amounts (percentage) per cookie... 

But I'm talking specifically about weed cbd strains that claim that its percentage is bellow 0.3%

What i take from there is that no matter how much I buy of that weed, it's always 0.3% thc or lower... And if so, no matter how much I smoke, I'm always safe to do a urine test. (let's assume that the % is indeed under 0.3%, i know some state they are but aren't in fact...)

The rest of your explanation i totally get it... 

It can be 0.3% but the more you smoke the higher your body levels will be. It’s why I used the alcohol analogy - alcohol free beer can be up to 0.5% abv here. So if I could stomach it, I could drink 400 beers and that’s like drinking 57 shots of 40% alcohol. I wouldn’t pass a blood alcohol test lol.

The low THC at 0.3% is a mitigating factor, you’re unlikely to be able to smoke enough to get stoned and have detectable limits but again it depends on quantity but more importantly metabolizing it. But if you smoked that stuff all day every day you might not even get stoned but you’d more than likely not pass a urine test and most definitely not hair follicle test... 

Sounds like I’m contradicting myself - I guess what I’m saying is for myself, someone that smokes one puff once a week, I’d probably pass a test having that low THC brand. 

edit: disclaimer being THC elimination is diff and less linear than alcohol. It’s not mostly passed out in urine like alcohol. Not sure retention rates in body lipids etc and the effect on a urine test. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

45 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

just don't consume any if you're regularly tested

But what if he doesn't want to be tested regularly and wants to consume? Shouldn't it be his choice whether he is tested and whether he consumes (unless he might endanger others through his consumption)?

9 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

The low THC at 0.3% is a mitigating factor, you’re unlikely to be able to smoke enough to get stoned and have detectable limits but again it depends on quantity but more importantly metabolizing it. But if you smoked that stuff all day every day you might not even get stoned but you’d more than likely not pass a urine test and most definitely not hair follicle test... 

Yeah my goal is not to get stoned... I wanted to smoke how much I'd like during 2 vacation months and still be not worried about an urine test... But I guess it doesn't work like that... When the cbd strain claims that it's legal because the legal amount is under 0.3% i automatically thought that i could smoke as much as I wanted and not get busted... The math is not that simple... Pretty misleading, at least for an ignoramus like me...