Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not THC related, but: https://www.sciencealert.com/a-woman-accidentally-took-550-times-the-normal-dosage-of-lsd-case-report-details    

Posted Images

A few might remember a post I did a while back apologizing for misusing the word rape - which I then moved on to talking about my mental health... Well the sole culprit in regards to my mental health was Marijuana... My mind just can't handle it. (I never stated it though) 

Even though smoking it has no immediate negative inpact... It's the detoxification that sends my mind into a downwards spiral - with paranoia, delusions, anxiety and depression - fun times!

It's taken so much time from me by ending up in hospitals (3 times) that I've grown to really respect weed - and ultimately stay the fuck away from it.

I guess in my case it was hard to accept that weed just isn't for me - stupidly I didn't stop the first time things turned sour... You live and you learn, I guess. 

Back on my feet now though... With two kids to think about - other than myself. 

And as far as the thread goes... nowadays I might have some shiraz, scotch or a pilsner at times when posting on watmm 

43 minutes ago, sine nomine said:

A few might remember a post I did a while back apologizing for misusing the word rape - which I then moved on to talking about my mental health... Well the sole culprit in regards to my mental health was Marijuana... My mind just can't handle it. (I never stated it though) 

Even though smoking it has no immediate negative inpact... It's the detoxification that sends my mind into a downwards spiral - with paranoia, delusions, anxiety and depression - fun times!

It's taken so much time from me by ending up in hospitals (3 times) that I've grown to really respect weed - and ultimately stay the fuck away from it.

I guess in my case it was hard to accept that weed just isn't for me - stupidly I didn't stop the first time things turned sour... You live and you learn, I guess. 

Back on my feet now though... With two kids to think about - other than myself. 

And as far as the thread goes... nowadays I might have some shiraz, scotch or a pilsner at times when posting on watmm 

This is pretty much how I feel but the other way around.   Alcohol has proven to be rather bad for me and marijuana has proven to be very good for me.  So I've decided it's better to smoke some reefer daily and only have a drink on occasion.

19 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

This is pretty much how I feel but the other way around.   Alcohol has proven to be rather bad for me and marijuana has proven to be very good for me.  So I've decided it's better to smoke some reefer daily and only have a drink on occasion.

Isn't that funny!? 

Well the problem with alcohol is that I tend to use it as a way to run away from problems that only become worse as I ignore them.  Marijuana, on the other hand, brings those problems right in front of me and asks me to do something with them, which is much more helpful.

10 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Well the problem with alcohol is that I tend to use it as a way to run away from problems that only become worse as I ignore them.  Marijuana, on the other hand, brings those problems right in front of me and asks me to do something with them, which is much more helpful.

Yeah... I can't relate to that because weed just fucks with me in the 'long run' plus I actually don't like feeling stoned, much more efficient on alcohol. But each to their own... As they say. 

I don’t understand alcoholism. It takes a lot of effort to drink that much and at some point, you feel like stopping or you get too tired. Self explanatory. Just hit a vape pen and chill, easy. 

5 hours ago, Candiru said:

I don’t understand alcoholism. It takes a lot of effort to drink that much and at some point, you feel like stopping or you get too tired. Self explanatory. Just hit a vape pen and chill, easy. 

A couple of drinks after a week of hard work and alcoholism are two different things though. 

5 hours ago, Candiru said:

Unfortunately one doesn’t always feel like stopping. It’s honestly a struggle. 

I will say that true alcoholism Uhm... well you don’t get tired or feel like stopping. It’s like a heroin rush where you hit this point and you actually need more and more and more to feel satisfied. Given it works on similar receptors in the brain I’m not surprised... but true alcoholics get a much bigger “rush” than your casual drinker that gets sleepy and incoherent. Despite alcohol being a depressant there is a huge “high” associated with drinking. I’ve truly hit certain points (maybe about 25-30oz of hard alcohol) where it feels like I’m on amphetamines or cocaine etc. I don’t think the casual drinker can really relate because their brain isn’t wired the same as they lack the history of abuse...

It’s very dangerous and alcohol is the worst drug I’ve ever done hands down. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I’ve had my bad times for sure, but I’ve been eating very low carb/whole 30ish and the most I can drink now is 2 shots. I think it’s because you get dehydrated faster but also changes in gut bacteria. 

A little over a year ago I blacked out during a company outing, and regained consciousness an hour on foot away with scrapes on my knees and elbows like I’d been skateboarding or something. No harm done, no one had any idea. But ever since I’ve barely touched it. 

• Like 1

You are lucky that you don't process alcohol well. I for one can drink enormous amounts without having too bad of a hangover the next day. That makes alcoholism more likely for me.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dingformung said:

You are lucky that you don't process alcohol well. I for one can drink enormous amounts without having too bad of a hangover the next day. That makes alcoholism more likely for me.

Same case for me. No matter how fucked up I get I feel right as rain the next morning. Not the biggest fan of alcohol though.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Candiru said:

I don’t understand alcoholism.

It’s very moreish x time x volume x trauma x culture. If you can understand detox, you can understand alcoholism. You have to taper with alcoholism (or risk seizures), or introduce tapered benzos as part of managed withdrawal program altogether. How does anyone get this far? See the above excuse for an equation.

You don’t get this with cannabis, although it can trigger psychosis in certain users. You might not know of your susceptibility until you consume. You will get a proven lucidity of dreaming bounce-back too, but I’m sure most people would choose colourful dreams over psychosis. Problem is psychosis can choose you before you know it. All the more reason for education and high cbd %’s, to reduce exposure and blows against the soul.

• Like 2