IGNORED

Scarlett Johansson to Headline ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Live-Action Movie

Braintree

http://screenrant.com/scarlett-johansson-ghost-shell-live-action-movie/

The Ghost in the Shell live-action movie appears to be moving forward at last, after years of being stuck in development limbo. Scarlett Johansson was reportedly being eyed to lead the film a few months ago, after the powers that be behind the project – including DreamWorks head Steven Spielberg – were said to have considered Margot Robbie (who’s since reached a deal to play Harley Quinn in the DC comic book movie Suicide Squad in 2016)… And now, it looks like Johansson’s a lock.

Why must they destroy something beautiful.

picard_facepalm.jpg

Spit, gnash, and snarl your vitriol in this thread if you need.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scarlett Johansson (sp?) has been shit in every action film she's done, why do they persist?

edit: also, why remake this at all?

1. Because she's beautiful

2. Because there's money to be made

I'm looking forward to seeing how watered down the franchise will have to be to fit in a movie theater.

Scarlett Johansson (sp?) has been shit in every action film she's done, why do they persist?

edit: also, why remake this at all?

1. Because she's beautiful

2. Because there's money to be made

I have a hard time believing number 2. I know it's somewhat popular, but hollywood level money? Um... I bet it'll flop, even if it is faithful to its source material.

not if it's properly hollidified it won't

I think I lost my brain. I meant to say that I bet it would flop even if it was contrived and didn't follow the source material. A bit of a disconnect there.

Who would be a better actor? I'm trying to think of some, but I feel that SJ doesn't have the sort of cold and calculating personality to fit the part. Nothing really jumping out at me when thinking about other actors though. I don't know. Maybe Rooney Mara?

^ nah, too narrow, features too sharp.

did you see ScarJo in Under The Skin? she does cold & calculating quite well. I think she could play the part fantastically. physically she's definitely a good match, especially with the shorter black hair.

the problem will be the scripting. they're going to turn one of the most visionary classic franchises into Hollywood pablum.

Well, if it turns out anything like the 2005 Aeon Flux Hollywood adaptation then not only will it alienate the core franchise fans, but it'll be a critical and box office failure as well.

We'll always have this regardless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsiepGvjjTM

^ NSFW probably.

O Hollywood and its franchises.

Saw an hour long interview with a roundtable of executive producers from Hollywood Reporter on youtube recently, and it was pretty interesting to see what makes them tick. It's all about maximizing returns on investments bathed in a sea of cognitive dissonance to tell themselves they try to sell beautiful stories to their audience. They're mostly selling men in capes at this point, though.

Too bad they got their hands on this one. I'm expecting absolutely nothing. Their aim is to make something for a large world wide audience. That basically means it has to taste like a mcdonalds hamburger. Sold as haute cuisine.

O Hollywood and its franchises. Saw an hour long interview with a roundtable of executive producers from Hollywood Reporter on youtube recently, and it was pretty interesting to see what makes them tick. It's all about maximizing returns on invetments bathed in a sea of cognitive dissonance to tell themselves they try to sell beautiful stories to their audience. It's mostly men in capes at this point, though. Too bad they got their hands on this one. I'm expecting absolutely nothing. Their aim is to make something for a large world wide audience. That basically means it has to taste like a mcdonalds hamburger.

Kind of like radio compression

Well before I jump in with everyone else to piss all over this, I'll wait to see who else is involved. It's a great story, way ahead of its time when it came out so it feels about right that Hollywood has caught up around now. SJ was very good in under the skin. Who knows, could be good?

I have a fantastic idea. It is entirely possible that this novel idea will blow your minds.

Stop talking about how shit it's going to be, don't go see it, and let your consciousness be free of it.

Archived