IGNORED

Scarlett Johansson to Headline ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Live-Action Movie

Braintree

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. It might not be as bad I thought.

The music sounds like "Type 2052 "Hadaly"" from 'Innocence.' I hope they keep the atmosphere kind of slow and ambient. That was a huge part of the first two movies.

the Geisha bot is from Innocence as well.

Realistically, I think GITS is about a 6/10 and innocence is more like 4/10. The only reason I really really like GITS is nostalgia.

Realistically, I think GITS is about a 6/10 and innocence is more like 4/10. The only reason I really really like GITS is nostalgia.

Innocence as a movie is a 4/10 but the artwork in that film is like 8 celestials out of 8.

Also those teasers looked...well, not horrible.

Music sounds promising but who the fuck knows what it will actually end up like.

Guest bitroast

ye. teasers like that really do very little to suggest how the film will actually be. they did look good though !! 

i'm utmost cynicism and negativity on the film has been eased a bit. 

this fan edit is awesome and shits all over the official teaser(s)

lol.

it's like the marketing department was too lazy to put together a trailer based on what footage they had to work with. 

• 1 month later...

They're really overestimating the cachet of this franchise.

It's like they don't know the only people who really know of the franchise are otaku/non-normies.

trailer teasers are so dumb, I'm hoping it'll be a fad that dies out

Teasers are one of the best promotional/hype methods ever IF IF IF- if, people care about what's teased AND nobody knows that the movie is in production.  The internet is super hardcore now, and movie studios are insecure, which results in movies being reported-on months to years before production even starts.  That's bullshit.  In the past, movies were able to stay secret.  Studio insecurity has ruined good films, killed hype, AND made bad films.  But this goes for life, as well.  Actions based on insecurity have no place in a happy and fulfilling life.

What are you talking about, trailers get millions of views and are part of the metric by which studios judge a films potential box office. And thats after months of pre production reporting.

he's talking about TRAILER TEASERS - teasers for upcoming trailers. i didn't even know this existed, i hate humans.

Archived