IGNORED

Scarlett Johansson to Headline ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Live-Action Movie

Braintree

Hang on - I just remembered that Depeche Mode are notoriously difficult to get on board with allowing remixes of their work.

Official remixes hardly exist.

Money must have really talked to get this cover passed. And since it's crap, there go the chances of anything good ever getting passed ever again :-(

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on - I just remembered that Depeche Mode are notoriously difficult to get on board with allowing remixes of their work.

Official remixes hardly exist.

Money must have really talked to get this cover passed. And since it's crap, there go the chances of anything good ever getting passed ever again :-(

It's not a remix though, it's a cover isn't it?

jesus god the original movie isn't even that good it's just static shots of people talking about first year philosophy shit while japanese women wail away on the soundtrack

isn't that a little ungrateful seeing as it paved the way for one of probably your biggest hit role?

lol

Not an expert on Depeche Mode (every other US/UK slightly-above-the-ground pop shit is over-hyped as all hell), but that song is so cheesy, you can't make it much cheesier. It's OK as a gay club anthem i guess. Likely its use is a calculated step to hype up Japanese who don't care for live-action adaptations, yet adore Depeche Mode and the marketers thus address their nostalgy two-in-one.

jesus god the original movie isn't even that good it's just static shots of people talking about first year philosophy shit while japanese women wail away on the soundtrack

Depeche Mode were shit to begin with anyway.

We will never be friends, you two.

die hollywood fucchers

/

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Don' t know shit about music but it comes to anime i can guarantee you that apart from the original 1995 movie everything that has been done after that has been garbage, and this movie will be as shit as the rest, mark my words, even though kitano is on board.He should have directed it

die hollywood fucchers

/

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Don' t know shit about music but it comes to anime i can guarantee you that apart from the original 1995 movie everything that has been done after that has been garbage, and this movie will be as shit as the rest, mark my words, even though kitano is on board.He should have directed it

actually the original movie isn't all that great IMHO, SAC is the best thing about the series (it actually has some substance to it). Arise was pretty good too. 

The soundtrack to Arise is great, done by Cornelius:

die hollywood fucchers

/

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

actually the original movie isn't all that great IMHO, SAC is the best thing about the series (it actually has some substance to it). Arise was pretty good too.

The soundtrack to Arise is great, done by Cornelius:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzu5ST8CnM

Absolutely, SAC is much better than the original movie. I thought Arise was also better, though the movie was a bit of a let down.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still confused who this is being marketed to

I saw the origin GitS in cinema a couple of weeks back. Place was about 1/5 full and two people left as soon as the Japanese dialogue started. Can't imagine a lot of weeaboos and nerds tuning in to the Super Bowl to catch this trailer either.

Archived