IGNORED

Scarlett Johansson to Headline ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Live-Action Movie

Braintree

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still confused who this is being marketed to

I saw the origin GitS in cinema a couple of weeks back. Place was about 1/5 full and two people left as soon as the Japanese dialogue started. Can't imagine a lot of weeaboos and nerds tuning in to the Super Bowl to catch this trailer either.

The Matrix crowd. Seems like a straightforward sci-fi flick, plenty of people like straightforward sci-fi

I saw the origin GitS in cinema a couple of weeks back. Place was about 1/5 full and two people left as soon as the Japanese dialogue started. Can't imagine a lot of weeaboos and nerds tuning in to the Super Bowl to catch this trailer either.

The Matrix crowd. Seems like a straightforward sci-fi flick, plenty of people like straightforward sci-fi

that movie from eighteen years ago has a crowd?

that movie from eighteen years ago has a crowd?

photo-20060.jpg?_r=1475999605

When I saw the latest trailer among all the Super Bowl ads I was like "OMG I'M TOTALLY GONNA GO SEE THAT"

But on second though, I decided it's better to be cautious. Maybe wait for the reviews first.

I've been hungry for more dystopian sci-fi, which is what Blomkamp (initially) excelled at. But after seeing Chappie I'm reminded why I was in no hurry to watch it, being a de facto Die Antwoord promotion and all.

It's been literally more than a decade since I've watched the original GitS. I also remember it being somewhat boring.

Trilogy? Pump the breaks, homie.

I don't really like all the Wolverine/Neo hur-dur everything you know is a lie stuff they seem to be going with. Seems V dated.

Nothing but praise for the visuals though.

It was originally planned to be a trilogy, and I'm sure the principals have been signed to multiple films, as almost any high budget Hollywood film is planned out these days, a franchise can be milked and rebooted forever.  However, this film has been in development for over a decade, so plans can change, but if it's successful, I see no reason why there wouldn't be sequels.

On a side note, didn't realize Clint Mansell composed the score, should be a good one to own.

I'll admit the latest trailer looks promising. But I'm still inclined to wait for the reviews first.

Or is it better to be the guinea pig and go see it first, and "take one for the team?" And be one of the first to review it for everybody else?

i hate reading reviews before movies because even when someone's opinion is obviously stupid it colors your own perception of a movie while you're watching it. they also usually give away spoilers that i guess reviewers don't consider spoilers.

best option is to go in with low expectations and leave pleasantly surprised. 

or just throw your $15 directly in the trash

• 2 weeks later...

Archived