IGNORED

Scarlett Johansson to Headline ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Live-Action Movie

Braintree

Guest bitroast

They should just make GITS season 3. THX!

yeh i'm sure hollywood are going to make hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars with a 3rd season of an anime no one is going to watch.

SUUuuuure. 

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im so excite for this

i dont care

the old one will remain the old one, this is like a bonus, why you hate so much

see a time like a whole. both movie, manga and anime always existed

why is this a problems

scarlett is dope

Guest bitroast

this thread just reminded me that i bought the manga but haven't read it yet.

jealous, which i was in this position 

Holy shit, doodz. So I sometimes do freelance brand identity work here in Tokyo, and a studio connection I have forwarded some pre-release specs for me to look over (in the main office that deals with a certain Japanese IP that sorted the international licensing). Yeah, you fucking guessed it. This thread. So the art department got some stills from the film to work on mockups for the Japanese release poster, which I can't share due to NDA. However, due to a loophole in my contract as creative director I CAN share the official US/Europe film title, which is gonna be... (brace yourself): The Ghost In The Sheru. .....SHERU!

The reasoning was- apparently- wanting to make the "shell" concept more Japanese, by calling it "sherus", which they've written as being mythological alien robots from Edo period Japan. It seems they've replaced concepts like "What is consciousness?" and "Are humans already melded with tech?" to: The Japanese robot alien sherus are hackers, who knew how to use computers in Edo period Japan due to being psychic. It also seems like they're trying to pull a twist ending, where only at the finale we find out that Kusanagi is sheru, THEN they have the montage of her creation. Also: tachikoma are not CGI; but rather a form of stop motion animation!-- they are Danny DeVito in a blue unitard with blue face paint on all fours, waddling around yelling CHING CHONG CHING.

This film is going to be horrible. Fuck Hollywood garbage.

yeh i'm sure hollywood are going to make hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars with a 3rd season of an anime no one is going to watch.

lol wtf, I wasn't talking about hollywood...

And lots of people would watch it! It was a pretty popular anime. I hope it's rebooted eventually. The only reason I say third season is because I want more in that vein. Arise just isn't the same.

Guest bitroast

oh for sure!^ 

i guess my post was a bit too ironic and sarcastic and bitter .. my apologies :^)

i guess what i'm getting at is ... this is a movie that //

a. will cost lots of money, have lots of cgi action scenes, and hopefully have a reeeally cool trailer

b. is directed by a complete nobody Rupert Sanders .. who is only known for directing the 2012 Snow White and the Huntsman film (there was a 2012 Snow White and the Huntsman film ???) 

c. stars hollywoods most currently sexiest and coolest actress ever, Scarlett Johansson in lead role

it has nothing to do with being a good ghost in the shell movie, and everything to do with being a product that make lots and lots of money in return. 

it's entirely doomed to be a steaming pile of crap. 

the 'they' is 100% just hollywood in this instance. ....

it has nothing to do with being a good ghost in the shell movie, and everything to do with being a product that make lots and lots of money in return. 

it's entirely doomed to be a steaming pile of crap. 

Yeah, it's sad really. So many things pointing toward the crap pile... I will be (pleasantly) surprised if it's any good. The biggest issue is that the director has only made one movie (and it was bad according to metacritic/rotten tomatoes.) Hopefully it was just a fluke.

She probly won't be the sexy Motoko, but at least give us the opening scene where she comes out of the liquid metal bath. 

You know that it's going to be butchered in some way. After seeing it I'll have to cleanse myself by watching the original scene 10 times.

remember this?

what a great concept for a music video... let's just rip some scenes from that anime... it was a fucking number one hit

That's what is called an 'animated music video' or 'amv', an ancient relic of early youtube. It has been more recently replaced by let's plays and let's plays replaced by drama channels.

teehee

You've triggered me by missssspelling Hayao Miyazaki's name!

And of course he did an amazing! He always does an amazing! 

I am soooo triggered at the moment.

Soon I'm just going to be sad. Sad that someone on the internet committed such an atrocious typo.

Time to generalize: What is the world coming to?

and while we're off topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UopjsmEfnwM

What the hell is that? Is there more? I want more. 

It's a french anime short by a student animator which was a 'love letter' to Hiyoyo Miyazaki. (he's the old man at the end with the epic expression, epic beard, epic glasses, etc.) Not to mention it's in the style of a Himalaya Miyazaki film.

I wanna whole movie in this style. it's drop dead gorgeous. I've never seen anything quite like it. The student animator/director has a bright future.

it all boils down to /təˈmeɪtoʊ/ : /təˈmɑːtoʊ/

maybe ur rite. mayb we shud embrise Ms. Pelling

That's what is called an 'animated music video' or 'amv', an ancient relic of early youtube. It has been more recently replaced by let's plays and let's plays replaced by drama channels.

teehee

no no, this was playing on MTV and other music tv stations... way before youtube

Archived