IGNORED

Lord of The D - Dunstable Trax EP (REW-005.5)

Herr Jan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teklife is a fan of Jodey? Or am I ignant and that drum sample is from somewhere else?

Not entirely sure but I think it's the Worm break

http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk/listen/worm.wav

Definitely a classic jungle break anyway. Has anyone received the 12" yet? Hope to receive mine this week!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Teklife is a fan of Jodey? Or am I ignant and that drum sample is from somewhere else?

Not entirely sure but I think it's the Worm break

http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk/listen/worm.wav

Definitely a classic jungle break anyway. Has anyone received the 12" yet? Hope to receive mine this week!

p standard worm and sh101 bass but it does sound like he may have just sampled it right off lord of the d

• 2 months later...

Every time I hear the part of Jamie Let Go which starts around 2:48 mark, Marvellous Cain’s CB4 springs to my mind. Unless they are actually both sourced from some same über-famous sample that everyone but me knows, which makes me look like a total donkey…

IMO Dunstable Trax makes an interesting couple to GEA, almost like GEA on steroids. Have to confess though that I couldn’t really fully enjoy GEA. Probably because I think that one of Jodey’s strengths are his melodies which are somewhat absent on that one. For example every time I hear that Vangelis-esque part on GW I cry pearls. So sweet I can taste it. So to sum it, I find that GEA is a little too different from Jodey’s other work which I love to death. But this LOTD stuff is total banger.

• 2 years later...

bump, this ep is still kicking my ass. jamie let go & street fighter have to be the darkest, most dystopian jungle released since go plastic. wish he'd make more tracks like this cause those timestretched amens never get old

bump, this ep is still kicking my ass. jamie let go & street fighter have to be the darkest, most dystopian jungle released since go plastic. wish he'd make more tracks like this cause those timestretched amens never get old

This one was attributed to Lord of the D  @penrynspaceagency.com before being released.

029 - 32 CLTRE AVA V2 PSA Exclusive Unreleased

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=2668877676 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=3589378690]

• 1 year later...

Archived