IGNORED

⠉D⠍E⠕T⠝H⠺W⠁A⠞V⠍E⠍

modey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what, the artwork? Sure, it's not as ridiculous as other styles but maybe it'll evolve into something else..

Also, yep the dedicated dethwave bandcamp and pseudonyms are for anonymity. It's not like I'm a well-known artist anyway!

Haha, that's great! BTW I'm putting all tracks posted in this thread in the DETHWAVE OF SUMMER 2015 mix which will hopefully be finished this weekend.

What are those intro drums from? Sounds like a NIN remix or something

(I might slow it down in the mixtape)

Haha, that's great! BTW I'm putting all tracks posted in this thread in the DETHWAVE OF SUMMER 2015 mix which will hopefully be finished this weekend.

What are those intro drums from? Sounds like a NIN remix or something

(I might slow it down in the mixtape)

Just realised my track wasn't dloadable so have now made it so.

Gonna have a go at making another one at the weekend, something glitchy. Will call it Spawn Cube.

You guys got me inspired...

I made something:

https://soundcloud.com/troglobyne/pentagore

Decent as

if this didn't have all the mp3 artifacts would be pretty cool. I can't appreciate mp3 shimmering even if its intentional, it just sounds bad. I like the concept though. Have you tried doing it at CD quality and just didn't like it as much or something?

Agreed. I really like what I hear in a couple of the tracks, but the cheap-compression gimmick really puts me off. It's like one big intentional underachievement which should hide the fact it might be really too difficult to make it sound good.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I started making something the other day. It's fun, will see if I can finish it and make it slightly less shit than it is

haha, I saw that! It's almost similar to the new DETHWAVE stuff anyway.. all good though, I'm gonna keep doing it, don't care

Haven't done any in a few days.. the aphex stuff has slowed me down a bit, as well as preparations for upcoming live gigs, but after that I'll get back on to it (including the DETHWAVE OF SUMMER 2015 mix).

Guest bitroast

message him? maybe he'd be delighted as fuck to see dethwave having a come back and will even help keep the genre afloat !

Don't think the imagery is 'dark' enough. Where Vaporwave took ideas from / parodied things that were intentionally shiny and fake and dayglo, so the imagery was similar, if this is to sound 'dark', I'm not sure if the sky blues and things fit - it might seem just a tiny bit too absurd / pisstakey. I think garish, cartoony dark imagery would work better.

Might have fun doing something like this next weekend.

Don't think the imagery is 'dark' enough. Where Vaporwave took ideas from / parodied things that were intentionally shiny and fake and dayglo, so the imagery was similar, if this is to sound 'dark', I'm not sure if the sky blues and things fit - it might seem just a tiny bit too absurd / pisstakey. I think garish, cartoony dark imagery would work better.

Might have fun doing something like this next weekend.

the cyan colour is the doom transparency colour, it was a doom-influenced design choice :D

Archived