IGNORED

X-Files 2016

Rubin Farr

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milennium had a great first season and a half. Harsh Realm had so much potential and then it got shit away. Never watched the one episode of The After. Reading the wiki description - seems like it could have been an interesting show.

They need to stop tagging all his shows with "from the creator of the X-files"....ruins any chance the casual viewer will have of enjoying it outside preconceived notions.

"are you ready for this scully"

"i don't know there's a choice"

"CUT, scully's not ready with the line everybody, retake in five".

Whaaa? Why would they retake?

Also: looked good. Hot damn!

read the quotes again chenee, why would they retake dear boy ?

Also, i'm not particularly fond of further defining my statements or positions, as many may have noticed, but to placate either side and bring harmony to the force let me state where i stand on the matter.

I have no position on whether the arc or the individual monster of the week episodes were of greater import or interest. My statement about not going down the arc road was based upon the fact that the series will be made up of so few episodes, that to get bogged down in more arc wouldn't be that refreshing and could be a stone around this little show's neck. Of course perhaps if they spent the bulk of the time on arc, leaving us with an extended film type format, that wouldn't be so bad either. But can they pull that off, are they good at that sort of thing, I will say though that i didn't get far into the x-files 'i want to believe' film before turning it off, must have been pre my skimming days, either that or it was beyond dire, heh. Also i suppose that comes from not being an obsessive for the series in the first place, yet another watmm blasphemy, i am terribly sorry everyone.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Monster of the week episodes have always been my favourites. Tried watching through without bothering with the arc episodes a while ago and it just wasn't the same though, they definitely tie the room together.

Hopefully the new episodes will be a return to pre season 6 quality at least but with an episode title like "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Man" I'm a bit apprehensive really

I'd be happy with just 20 minute shots of cancer man smoking in slow motion in the shadows.

Every episode just have people in shadows with good string music.

Naw but- I hope they don't foget how important and powerful ambiance can be to this type of series.

Guest cult fiction

I'd be happy with just 20 minute shots of cancer man smoking in slow motion in the shadows.

Every episode just have people in shadows with good string music.

Naw but- I hope they don't foget how important and powerful ambiance can be to this type of series.

Yeah I hope that since it's such a limited initial run the temptation they don't feel tempted to jam pack it full

read the quotes again chenee, why would they retake dear boy ?

Still no idea. Why do you think they should retake the scene?

she missed the word if. There wasn't meant to be a comma between the two word, which is the otherway you could read the statement, but an if, sadly she didn't express it in her mumfumble. And they didn't retake.

This word is law. I will no debate.

It's a grammatically correct construction. "I don't know there's a choice." is literally (not figuratively) the same thing as saying "I don't know if there's a choice." or "I don't know that there's a choice."

And to answer Mulder's question - I'm definitely ready for this!

i don't know, there's a choice - means, perhaps we don't have to do it if we don't want to, we have a choice on whether to perform that action muldy.

i don't know if there's a choice - means that you have no choice and must perform the action.

The latter was the line sounds like it was that meant to be delivered otherwise it changes the whole intent of her reply. We'll see though when we watch the show, the content will give context away, if they haven't revoiced that line just for little olL me.

Milennium had a great first season and a half.

only half of season 2? I'd argue that Season 2 of Millennium is possibly stronger than any single season of the x-files. Its goddam amazing imo

i don't know, there's a choice - means, perhaps we don't have to do it if we don't want to, we have a choice on whether to perform that action muldy.

i don't know if there's a choice - means that you have no choice and must perform the action.

The latter was the line sounds like it was that meant to be delivered otherwise it changes the whole intent of her reply. We'll see though when we watch the show, the content will give context away, if they haven't revoiced that line just for little olL me.

I'm well aware of what those two sentences mean. You're not reading me right - "I don't know there's a choice." (note, the intentional absence of a comma) is literally (not figuratively) the same as "I don't know if there's a choice."

Milennium had a great first season and a half.

only half of season 2? I'd argue that Season 2 of Millennium is possibly stronger than any single season of the x-files. Its goddam amazing imo

It's been a while since I watched the series, and my memory isn't what it was, but I seem to remember being not super impressed with about half the episodes of season 2. Maybe it's time to revisit the show.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived