IGNORED

X-Files 2016

Rubin Farr

Big fan of the previous Darin Morgan-penned episodes, and ep. 3 was classic D. Morgan. Pretty much satisfied my hopes for the new series, which were basically: get Darin Morgan to write an episode, and get Duchovny fully back in Reynard Muldrake character.

Fo real. Morgan's are tops. Love his style. Haven't seen last night's episode yet. Curious what they are going to do with the mythology.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a guy who can materialize and dematerialize at will, and can turn himself into a work of spray can art, and you're wondering who was driving the truck?

thought it was good, the garbage truck was pretty great , until the weak graffiti reasoning of bitumen evil out of a spray can voodoo style revenge clay man, .... actually a voodoo controlled zombie revenge homeless guys would of made a better story, with the truck driver being the controller

Not as bad as I expected from some earlier forum reviews. Very clunky 3rd act though.

I would assume the final episode will deal with Scully/Mulder's son eh...

I actually can't remember what the deal was with their son, can someone refresh my memory? I thought she was mysteriously impregnated after she was abducted, why is it Mulders?

also, lol: http://pausefacescully.blogspot.co.uk/

Very vague on this sorry. I thought it was implied that they hooked up in the shows final season. It was always kind of ambiguous to me.

maybe this will help. I should read it myself.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/William_(child)

didn't like the 4th episode. the candyman garbage guy was kinda interesting until they explained how he was created by some homeless guy (i was like lol). and the whole third act was like ummmm not too good.

so basically 0/4 so far

also

the scene where scully gets a call from her brother and at first she just sees william, then looks again and realizes it's her brother then he tells her how he got a call from paramedics about the mom wasn't written so well. i actually thought it was another comedic episode. i suddenly realized it was supposed to be serious when scully is going down the stairs

and not enough skinner.

KFOl0zM.png

Episode 5 was one of the worst ever, why were Mulder & Scully even consulted, was there any supernatural element to the bombing? The first Muslim characters ever to be shown on the series have to be suicide bombers. Then cue the social commentary on what's wrong with the world, literally a discussion between them about what's right and wrong in 2016. This was some serious filler.

i couldn't finish that last episode. i couldn't stand the banter between mulder and agent einstein. i also couldn't stand einstein and that other kid/agent. the next (and hopefully) last episode will also be written by chris carter.

0/5

I gave up on even finishing this season. It felt like they're just making more episodes of the 90s show (same tone/quality), and not in a good way. The bar for television has been raised so much since X-Files went off the air that it simply doesn't hold up anymore. Put it out of its misery and don't renew it again.

Episode 5 was one of the worst ever, why were Mulder & Scully even consulted, was there any supernatural element to the bombing? The first Muslim characters ever to be shown on the series have to be suicide bombers. Then cue the social commentary on what's wrong with the world, literally a discussion between them about what's right and wrong in 2016. This was some serious filler.

X-Fillers?

Actually didn't mind this episode, was worth it just to see Mulder high on shrooms

Yeah that episode was such a piece of shit that it's just embarrassing. It's blatantly racist, awfully written, and that song they overplay near the end is fucking terrible. And that pointless rambling at the end about God and acceptance, a half-assed attempt at justifying their exploitation of Islamophobia?

I enjoyed a couple of the other episodes but this one made me realize how shit the whole season has been. It's so clumsy and awkward with everything it tries to do. Like in the previous ep, bouncing back and forth between nasty, campy trash man scenes and Scully's misplaced dramatic scenes with her dying mother. It's inconsistent and tone-deaf. Episode 3 was the only decent one, since they stuck to comedy there (and had some great guest stars).

yeah, it was a shit episode, but nothing racist or bigoted about it. the episode had some terrorist muslims, a non terrorist mum (the good muslim), plus it also had loads of token bigots for us to hate, showing that we're not supposed to treat the terrorists as representative (like scully said), it even started off creating empathy with the terrorist because he was getting abuse from some redneck.

Archived