IGNORED

Venetian Snares Phattest Traxxx

PhylumZunami

tracker seems to disallow the rhythm of the funk. All the grooves sit right on the grid. When you give in to this it's all right and then other reasons to be annoy open up.

hehe.

/luvf dleetr.

In this context i was enjoying cubist reggae in the veranda with a drunken durree earlier. Been a while since i listened to it a couple of times and then moved on. It's ok, i don't mind what he was doing. (ala that's a compliment, don't sulk)

also, i'm not a newbie to snares, i was mostly just talking about cubbie the reggaest little EP that could.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to do a top 50 tracks once,

1 My Half

2 Pwntendo

3 Fool the Detector

4 Hospitality

5 Suffocate

6 Hajnal

7 Ion Divvy

8 Shoot Myself

9 Flashforward

10 Chriohn

11 Bezcitny

12 Vache

13 Cancel

14 Gottrahmen

15 My So-Called Life

16 Szamar Madar

17 Swindon

18 Twirl

19 XIII's Dub

20 P

21 Hiszekeny

22 Plunging Hornets

23 Index Pavillion

24 Cadmium Lung Jacket

25 Miss Balaton

26 Cashew

27 Fraujager

28 Vida

29 Beverley's Hot Potato

30 Pussy Skull

31 Aamelotasis

32 Kimberley Clark

33 Chainsaw Fellatio

34 Li2Co3

35 Ego DSP

36 Banana Seat Girl

37 Shaky Sometimes

38 Senki Dala

39 Aaron

40 Felbomlasztott Mentokocsi

41 Bebikukorica Nigiri

42 Contain

43 Donut

44 Horsey Vag Island

45 Moonglow

46 This Bitter Earth

47 Portoghese

48 Shoreline Gold

49 Cakey

50 where's bill?

My Half remains the only track I've heard that really does sound like its creator is taking all his mournful rage out on it, he keeps coming back for more, as though the previous attempt to express the anger and sadness he feels wasn't enough, and I've never heard music be used like that before, I've never felt like really in the mind of the creator. Aaron Funk feels every second of it, I think his detractors simply don't listen to electronic music for that gut feeling, so much of other electronic music is glossy and pretty and superficial and people only respond on that superficial level. I don't care to listen to music from a distance, like peering through a window, appreciating the little details like a connoisseur, digesting the obvious niceness of it, i want to be in its grave burying me. I want it like some people want to desperately be fucked really hard. The aesthetics aren't as important as the way the sounds are used to express real emotion, the forceful complex virtuosic beauty of it...that is Twirl.

I kind of want all art to be aggressive in some way, so Venetian Snares hitting the spot so deeply was really essential, he ended a search.

Other musicians might be expressing really personal heartfelt issues in their music but it will wash over me if it's bland, i never know how to take lyrics, i never sense they're that honest or that they're digging that deep, even if they really are.

When I'm bored of everything, everything else, I listen to venetian snares.

I think Cancel is his most underrated track.

1 My Half

2 Pwntendo

3 Fool the Detector

4 Hospitality

5 Suffocate

6 Hajnal

7 Ion Divvy

8 Shoot Myself

9 Flashforward

10 Chriohn

11 Bezcitny

12 Vache

13 Cancel

14 Gottrahmen

15 My So-Called Life

16 Szamar Madar

17 Swindon

18 Twirl

19 XIII's Dub

20 P

21 Hiszekeny

22 Plunging Hornets

23 Index Pavillion

24 Cadmium Lung Jacket

25 Miss Balaton

26 Cashew

27 Fraujager

28 Vida

29 Beverley's Hot Potato

30 Pussy Skull

31 Aamelotasis

32 Kimberley Clark

33 Chainsaw Fellatio

34 Li2Co3

35 Ego DSP

36 Banana Seat Girl

37 Shaky Sometimes

38 Senki Dala

39 Aaron

41 Bebikukorica Nigiri

42 Contain

43 Donut

44 Horsey Vag Island

45 Moonglow

46 This Bitter Earth

47 Portoghese

48 Shoreline Gold

49 Cakey

50 where's bill?

My Half remains the only track I've heard that really does sound like its creator is taking all his mournful rage out on it, he keeps coming back for more, as though the previous attempt to express the anger and sadness he feels wasn't enough, and I've never heard music be used like that before, I've never felt like really in the mind of the creator. Aaron Funk feels every second of it, I think his detractors simply don't listen to electronic music for that gut feeling, so much of other electronic music is glossy and pretty and superficial and people only respond on that superficial level. I don't care to listen to music from a distance, like peering through a window, appreciating the little details like a connoisseur, digesting the obvious niceness of it, i want to be in its grave burying me. I want it like some people want to desperately be fucked really hard. The aesthetics aren't as important as the way the sounds are used to express real emotion, the forceful complex virtuosic beauty of it...that is Twirl.

I kind of want all art to be aggressive in some way, so Venetian Snares hitting the spot so deeply was really essential, he ended a search.

Other musicians might be expressing really personal heartfelt issues in their music but it will wash over me if it's bland, i never know how to take lyrics, i never sense they're that honest or that they're digging that deep, even if they really are.

Fuck yeah!

not to toot my own horn but you might be interested in this

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/85053-any-new-releases-by-me-go-here/?p=2272754

Recently lowered myself down into the Venetian Snares well (or is it cesspit?). So far I've only got Fool the Detector and Cubbist Reggae Ep's and they are mind bogglingly good. Some real left-field experimental waters to immerse yourself in. I think it maybe the third track on each of those Ep's are fucking insane (I could be wrong but I can't check right now) and the others are excellent. Top shelf.

Soon you'll be lowering yourself in to the deepest circles of hell, with Doll Doll Doll and Find Candace, join me there when you're ready.

tracker seems to disallow the rhythm of the funk. All the grooves sit right on the grid. When you give in to this it's all right and then other reasons to be annoy open up.

hehe.

/luvf dleetr.

so are you saying precision drum players have no rhythm because they consistently stay on the grid as well? :P

Recently lowered myself down into the Venetian Snares well (or is it cesspit?). So far I've only got Fool the Detector and Cubbist Reggae Ep's and they are mind bogglingly good. Some real left-field experimental waters to immerse yourself in. I think it maybe the third track on each of those Ep's are fucking insane (I could be wrong but I can't check right now) and the others are excellent. Top shelf.

Soon you'll be lowering yourself in to the deepest circles of hell, with Doll Doll Doll and Find Candace, join me there when you're ready.
yes yes yes

mercy funk

all the children are dead

bam bam bam

oh also Chordate off Affectionate is really interesting track to me because I imagine the song structure is like a pretty accurate simulation of going from a depressive to a manic state. 4:24 and on is so angry it's kinda awesome

hehe.

/luvf dleetr.

so are you saying precision drum players have no rhythm because they consistently stay on the grid as well? :P

i'm saying whatever you want me to be saying bebe ;-x

yeah, speaking of tracks that weirded me out at the beggining: we are oceans. Goes borderline shitty throughout half the track but then gets proper mental.

:doge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDay6kMcYis

Oh mann!! true! I thought it was nonsense until something clicked. It happened while taking a shit. True story. It was like an epiphany.

1 My Half

2 Pwntendo

3 Fool the Detector

4 Hospitality

5 Suffocate

6 Hajnal

7 Ion Divvy

8 Shoot Myself

9 Flashforward

10 Chriohn

11 Bezcitny

12 Vache

13 Cancel

14 Gottrahmen

15 My So-Called Life

16 Szamar Madar

17 Swindon

18 Twirl

19 XIII's Dub

20 P

21 Hiszekeny

22 Plunging Hornets

23 Index Pavillion

24 Cadmium Lung Jacket

25 Miss Balaton

26 Cashew

27 Fraujager

28 Vida

29 Beverley's Hot Potato

30 Pussy Skull

31 Aamelotasis

32 Kimberley Clark

33 Chainsaw Fellatio

34 Li2Co3

35 Ego DSP

36 Banana Seat Girl

37 Shaky Sometimes

38 Senki Dala

39 Aaron

41 Bebikukorica Nigiri

42 Contain

43 Donut

44 Horsey Vag Island

45 Moonglow

46 This Bitter Earth

47 Portoghese

48 Shoreline Gold

49 Cakey

50 where's bill?

Fuck yeah!

Damn, cool review. Overall spot on.

This part was lol:

. I want it like some people want to desperately be fucked really hard.

hehe.

/luvf dleetr.

ok well i want you to be saying, "phylum, I'm taking you out for an expensive italian food date n we are gonna have the finest wines available"

staying on topic:

THE MOST INSANE IDM TRACK EVER WRITTEN.

hehe.

/luvf dleetr.

ok well i want you to be saying, "phylum, I'm taking you out for an expensive italian food date n we are gonna have the finest wines available"

staying on topic:

THE MOST INSANE IDM TRACK EVER WRITTEN.

what man makes his lady pay, i should have listened to mom when she called you a no good out of the hood bum.

/cries

anyone else feels like it's snoop dog's voice chopped on fool the detector?

It's definitely snoop dog. Not sure who the other voice is, Notorious B.I.G? I don't listen to much hip hop.

Agree more Moonglow stuff would be great. I remember when he played 10th Circle of Winnipegg at a live show before Bulldozer came out, got me excited he had a bunch more tracks like that but turned out to just be an opening track.

yes yes yes

mercy funk

all the children are dead

bam bam bam

I'm turning the crank as we speak...

This mornings job is to spend an hour or so going through this thread

Not sure I'm ready for the deepest circle of Hell just yet, though I have a feeling what an inkling what it will sound like....

Guest bitroast

Btw I wish he did more stuff like moonglow ep. It's a side he never really explored.

oooomg I forgot all about the moonglow ep.

badminton is kind of similar? cut up jazz tracks? maybe not. it's pretty spastic.

in spoiler because it's not really one of his phattest tracks, per se :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0WmdvCntGA

anyone else feels like it's snoop dog's voice chopped on fool the detector?

It's definitely snoop dog. Not sure who the other voice is, Notorious B.I.G? I don't listen to much hip hop.

Agree more Moonglow stuff would be great. I remember when he played 10th Circle of Winnipegg at a live show before Bulldozer came out, got me excited he had a bunch more tracks like that but turned out to just be an opening track.

yes it's snoop and Notorious B.I.G

Archived