IGNORED

The Hobbit: The Tolkien Edit

Rubin Farr

Yeah fuck Evangeline Lily, bitch can't act her way out of a paper bag. Now if they could just cut her out of Ant-Man...

Just a cool guy being cool here

You are so cool that while she is doing what she loves you are sittting on your ass posting random pop culture threads

I mean if thats what you love to do fine, but i dont respect it.

The hobbit has a lot of filler. I liked all three movies, save the first half of the first one (it was just soooo boooring except it was entertaining when they were at his home)

Someone who isn't me will be checking this out.

Finally watched Battle of Five Armies. Much like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, felt this one was the weakest of the three.

That scene where Gimli dies and Tauriel asks "why does it hurt so much?" made me lol considerably, much to the surprise of the other movie-going patrons.

Still better than most of the big-budget films that will come out in 2015

Yeah fuck Evangeline Lily, bitch can't act her way out of a paper bag. Now if they could just cut her out of Ant-Man...

Just a cool guy being cool here

You are so cool that while she is doing what she loves you are sittting on your ass posting random pop culture threads

I mean if thats what you love to do fine, but i dont respect it.

It's funny how this forum separates "music" from "pop culture" like it's some noble endeavour.

those movies are fucking garbage

edit: imo

agreed. there are some interesting parts but on the whole they suck. just way too bloated and boring.

shame really.

for me it felt like I was watching a video game most of the time.

they could have done a beautiful work with just two movies, and saved the extra movie worth of pointless ridiculous violence and shit.

I just watched the extended edition of the original Lord Of The RIngs trilogy and it is hilarious how much better it is than The Flobbit.
This is weird though, why'd they cut it if the new one isn't even out yet? Did they use no single scene from it?

i really liked them. some people analyse this shit way too much...what the fuck did you expect? it's a film adaption of a children's book about dwarves. don't go watch this kind of thing if you're not willing to surrender your nerdy cynicism of everything ever.

Guest bitroast

i really liked them. some people analyse this shit way too much...what the fuck did you expect? it's a film adaption of a children's book about dwarves. don't go watch this kind of thing if you're not willing to surrender your nerdy cynicism of everything ever.

this is exactly what I was expecting.

instead, the hobbit trilogy turned into 6 hours+ of second rate lotr EPICNESS despite the fact its supposed to be ... a film adaptation of a childrens book about dwarves.

BattleofAzanulbizar.png

Is that barrel ride scene as awful as it appears on that guys page?

Haven't bothered with the Hobbit & don't plan to.

yeah this scene was really bad lol.

also true that you shouldn't expect much when going to watch it and it's precisely in this state of mind that I saw the first two movies. But as a matter of fact it didn't prevent me to find the second one totally lame and to decide not to bother with the third one. The first one entertained me surprisingly well though. Anyway I support you in your brave decision olo, I'm sure you'll find a better way to use your time

this is exactly what I was expecting.

instead, the hobbit trilogy turned into 6 hours+ of second rate lotr EPICNESS despite the fact its supposed to be ... a film adaptation of a childrens book about dwarves.

BattleofAzanulbizar.png

Exactly this.

Guest bitroast

you know. i was thinking. the idea to edit the three films into one film with concise singular story is a pretty interesting idea (maybe not so much if you enjoy the 3 films as they are? i dunno maybe not) but it's an idea that i'm kind of interested in. if it's even doable or does it turn the film into a mess when you steer the film that severely away from the intended story and structure?? i have no idea what the answer is but i'd be interested in watching a fan edit if even just merely out of curiosity.

but fuck, does it 4 hours long? that completely defeats the point of stripping the films down to making one singular film. no chance in hell i'm sitting down to watch a 4 hour film ...

Guest bitroast

^ this also goes to those fan edit star wars prequel films that try edit the films into one film. is it doable?? has anyone actually make something watchable out of those films?

movie trailers manage to do this sometimes. make an entertaining 2 minute "film" from the source material, ... thats sometimes even more interesting and coherent than the actual movie. the trailer for that ashton kutcher steve jobs film is way more enjoyable and coherent than the actual 2 hour long dumb movie.

Archived