IGNORED

The Hobbit: The Tolkien Edit

Rubin Farr

So uh – has anyone / is anyone actually going to watch this?

/me downloads

I found myself surprisingly happy with the first one, turned off the second half-way through, haven't touched the third.

This could give me a new lease on hobbitdom!

• 9 months later...

Yeah, it could have been trimmed down significantly, but if you want to (for some psychopathic reason) view a film that really has too much filler, watch the adaptation of Inherent Vice. It may as well have never been made; it's like the whole film is nothing but filler. If someone made an edit for that I imagine it would be less than 30 minutes in length.

I was significantly annoyed by the length of the orc fights, though. I wish Azog would have just died in a realistic amount of time. And as someone who was always intrigued by Radagast as a character due to his mystery, I can say that I was extremely disappointed by the way he was portrayed in these films. I would have been happier without him appearing, as it completely destroyed all the mystery of the character and reduced him to comic relief.

Yeah fuck Evangeline Lily, bitch can't act her way out of a paper bag. Now if they could just cut her out of Ant-Man...

Just a cool guy being cool here

You are so cool that while she is doing what she loves you are sittting on your ass posting random pop culture threads

I mean if thats what you love to do fine, but i dont respect it.

It's funny how this forum separates "music" from "pop culture" like it's some noble endeavour.

well yeah the music this forum is based around is challenging, innovative art which has been continually underrepresented and under-appreciated by both mainstream media AND academic critical analysis.

What you mostly bitch and moan about are INCREDIBLY popular, well-documented pop media that is not challenging the aesthetic and artistic status quo under any circumstances.

Yeah, it could have been trimmed down significantly, but if you want to (for some psychopathic reason) view a film that really has too much filler, watch the adaptation of Inherent Vice. It may as well have never been made; it's like the whole film is nothing but filler. If someone made an edit for that I imagine it would be less than 30 minutes in length.

I was significantly annoyed by the length of the orc fights, though. I wish Azog would have just died in a realistic amount of time. And as someone who was always intrigued by Radagast as a character due to his mystery, I can say that I was extremely disappointed by the way he was portrayed in these films. I would have been happier without him appearing, as it completely destroyed all the mystery of the character and reduced him to comic relief.

No way! Inherent Vice was like jamming in a session with Friar Tuck and his Psychedelic Guitar in the 70s wearing a flannel open chested shirt. If an edit was made you would miss all the little details of the film that make it so good, the brothel scene, the kidnapping and his subsequent escape, the building of the paranoia and the effect of weed psychosis, his remaining stagnant way of life whilst California all around him changes into a suburban hellhole. But good to differ with you. Pass me a match will you my pipe needs lighting.

Archived