IGNORED

Aphex responding to comments on Soundcloud

zazen

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The irony of it all! I don't pick up new Aphex vinyl and start wondering who likes it or who doesn't, and 'trend trains'. The only people who do are fucking wanky hipsters lol. Fuck the attention seeking gimp.

Guest fiznuthian

He was arguing with some guy who was talking shit about how his music is boring.. I listened to the guy's soundcloud and it was a bunch of boring shitty dubstep.

Really?, I've never found a reason to hide soundcloud comments, but youtube ones sure. Maybe useful for people like the Phex but but your average joe, if someone is calling your music shit to you on your on soundcloud then that's probably testament to his mental disease.

Really?, I've never found a reason to hide soundcloud comments, but youtube ones sure. Maybe useful for people like the Phex but but your average joe, if someone is calling your music shit to you on your on soundcloud then that's probably testament to his mental disease.

It's the timecode comments on a particularly popular song that are a pain in the arse - Just frame after frantic frame of "OOOOOHHHHHHHHH" "SIK BEETZ MAN" "LOVE THE DROP

I occasionally threatened him with the "quite good" judgement if he wouldn't release more often. Took a while for him to get the memo though. Maybe he's more sensitive to cartoons?

It's the timecode comments on a particularly popular song that are a pain in the arse - Just frame after frantic frame of "OOOOOHHHHHHHHH" "SIK BEETZ MAN" "LOVE THE DROP <3" "WOWWWW OMG"

Ohhh, you still can't disable those, wow omg? I don't listen to popular music like that on SC really.. spotify usually handles that.

I occasionally threatened him with the "quite good" judgement if he wouldn't release more often. Took a while for him to get the memo though. Maybe he's more sensitive to cartoons?

you sent out a memo? No wonder he didn't get it for the longest time.

Richard really needs to take some advice from this twitter https://twitter.com/avoidcomments

at first i thought the same thing, but then realized oh wait it's rdj.. his pr/artistic identity/brand doesn't need to be "protected" in the traditional sense anyway, since he lives by his own rules and really only "creates music for himself", which gives him free reign to pretty much do/say/act like whatever without repercussion. (example- he prob could care less if he lost every single twitter follower) Electronic music fans are still gonna eat his shit up, whenever, however and wherever he puts it out. afx is invincible in this regard which is fucking awesome lol

Yeah. I thought it would be appropriate to remind him of his days when he was pushing papers at the local mine.

Yeah. I thought it would be appropriate to remind him of his days when he was pushing papers at the local mine.

Well ain't that right mean? If I ain't no better I'd say you're more up in than a Jack n' a Sparrow my misses mam and miss, Mr. goDel if'n I do say so meself. Hats off.

I like the origin story for the album title. Always thought it meant Warp offered him a lot of money to put out the remix album so he did it. I like that it was a cloak & dagger style distribution track by track. I like the title even more now.

Richard really needs to take some advice from this twitter https://twitter.com/avoidcomments

at first i thought the same thing, but then realized oh wait it's rdj.. his pr/artistic identity/brand doesn't need to be "protected" in the traditional sense anyway, since he lives by his own rules and really only "creates music for himself", which gives him free reign to pretty much do/say/act like whatever without repercussion. (example- he prob could care less if he lost every single twitter follower) Electronic music fans are still gonna eat his shit up, whenever, however and wherever he puts it out. afx is invincible in this regard which is fucking awesome lol

That's definitely true. Sometimes I do wonder, though, if he really is like that or sometimes it does get to him. I really have no idea. I wasn't a fan back when Drukqs came out, but to me it looked like the bad reviews may have got to him (also the whole "quite good" thing). If it was me, and I put out an album that was as insanely detailed and complex as that, probably taking months to perfect each track, it'd crush me to see the reviews that were coming out at that time. It did seem like some of the soundcloud comments got under his skin a little too. Especially the comment about asking whether it's worth releasing it to the public.

That's definitely true. Sometimes I do wonder, though, if he really is like that or sometimes it does get to him. I really have no idea. I wasn't a fan back when Drukqs came out, but to me it looked like the bad reviews may have got to him (also the whole "quite good" thing). If it was me, and I put out an album that was as insanely detailed and complex as that, probably taking months to perfect each track, it'd crush me to see the reviews that were coming out at that time. It did seem like some of the soundcloud comments got under his skin a little too. Especially the comment about asking whether it's worth releasing it to the public.

Hmmm you could be right, i guess he is human after all hehe.. but oddly, i prefer to subscribe to the Aphex-doesn't-give-a-fuck perspective. drukqs didn't get terrible reviews, just mediocre and actually more generally favorable overall if i remember, but i almost feel like if i were at the level of afx, that mediocre reviews wouldnt really bother as i have already been heralded as a titan of electronic music due to influence, cult following etc.

Reviews are mostly a crock anyhow. Some pretentious wordsmith hunched over a thesaurus in a sterile office hammering away at a keyboard about how bad or good a song is doesn't change all the senses and feelings I have tied in with a song. The pitchfork review of Drukqs is horrid.

My whole point about the issue:

RICHARD, PLZZ DONT FEED THE TROLL!

Yesterday I finally ended listening to the generic dubstep and reggae soundcloud of the troll. It sucked. Troll won my visit, and it seems I wasn´t the only one.

Also: rules the read :music:

Archived