IGNORED

(Fake) Drexciya new EP on bandcamp

keppj0nes

Well, seems like an obvious fake to me. Mueller and Klorzeiger are post-Drexciya names from Donald, no official mention at all (either Clone or Mad Mike would've been involved), pictures copyrighted by Clone or Abdul Haqq without any mention and then there's the music... Just compare this to actual old unreleased tracks like Flying Fish.

edit: the third track is the most convincing attempt :)

*goes back to spreadsheets at work* *has fantasies about being an underwater sea creature/humanoid*

drexciya always makes me feel like im working in some industrial underwater facility, with all sorts of steel gears and pumps compressors all rusty and burried into the ocean floor.. i have to find some kind of pressure gauge in a matter of 3 minutes or my body implodes

Yeah...it seeems fake, Kind of odd that Donald's name is on the page when he has stated over and over he wont confirm involvement in any project, especially that one...The tracks are pretty good. Will bandcamp take it down it if it's not legit?

Yeah...it seeems fake, Kind of odd that Donald's name is on the page when he has stated over and over he wont confirm involvement in any project, especially that one...The tracks are pretty good. Will bandcamp take it down it if it's not legit?

Good point, I forgot to mention that! Yeah, bandcamp will remove fake profiles if reported, like they did with all those fake Rephlex bandcamps.

Wow the description got changed to remove Donald's names, credit Abdul Haqq, and thank clone records. Someone's watching this board. lol. You changed the thread title so soon, what if it IS real man???

Wow the description got changed to remove Donald's names, credit Abdul Haqq, and thank clone records. Someone's watching this board. lol. You changed the thread title so soon, what if it IS real man???

LOL

That's the best fake confirmation ever. Thanks whoevers watching!

So keppjones... how did you found out about this? *suspicion increases*

its a weird release especially that it bears 3 aliases of the same guy. obviously whoever did this knows a little something about drexciya. why would they put 3 names for the same person in the credits? what would anyone gain by releasing a fake drexciya on bandcamp? so difficur

I'm actually a little pissed by this. It's obviously fake, imo. And the idea that someone uses a name of a band where one member has died a while ago to promote his work is pretty sickening. Tasteless.

It might be that there's piss in my coffee, but this really rubs me the wrong way. F@ck off.

Fake tracks don't really bother me. Especially when they're actually quite good and a decent imitation for a change, as these are. Whoever made them obviously loves Drexciya.

If Gerald Donald didn't make this, then why is his name in the credits? And how would Bandcamp be able to confirm whether Gerald Donald made this or not? Should Bandcamp shut down pages based on third party opinions?

Obvious, but still needed official statement from the man behind Drexciya Research Lab:

I just got confirmation from Klen at Clone that this is "Definitely not Drexciya or Drexciya related in any way. No Mueller fingerprints either."
Closing this one now.

Archived