IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

I want to murder Ryan schreiber and shut down pitchfork

He just left but IIRC he's been pretty much hands off and allegedly just sitting on money and DJing for a decade or so. Or something, I dunno I forget what all Chris Ott said about him. Conde Naste buying it in 2015 pretty much purged whatever vestiges of old P4k back in 2015.

It's ironic, that site was weird niche that succeeded by being novel in the last heyday of print mags - they dethroned SPIN and RS but not it's come full circle where they as a site have become just as needless and relying solely on name recognition.

The Fat Of The Land was popular when I was 10, other kids bought it.

Rune Glifberg skated to Breathe in “Sorry!”(2002)

Lol at that Pitchfork writer hating on the Gallipoli movie. Like yeah, Mel Gibson lost his shit, but his movies were really fucking good.

we can't separate the art from the artist unless I can write a meta article about some meh internet artist making mediocre music that is ironically setting new parameters 

When they put out that super critical review of Greta Van Fleet I chuckled but then I realized it was the most needlessly lame ass waste of effort. Someone got paid to rip on a band everyone else has already bashed, a band that's totally fine with that criticism and is laughing to the band anyway. Someone got paid to write something less damning than literally hundreds of snarkier and wittier tweets, comments, and social media posted by unknown people. 

These writers are literally some the most insufferably humorless twats. And why wouldn't they be? Self-aware and sincere people write worthwhile pieces, not clickbait horseshit. They enthusiastically extol why they think a record is great, not forcifully plead for you to pay attention to some nonsense they deem "socially important and relevant." Decent writers passionately trudge along at TinyMixtapes, Quietus, Wire, etc. with far less attention. Every decent article and review on P4k I can guarantee is written by a seasoned journalist who is freelance and/or contributing to a plethora of better outlets to make ends meet. 

Saw that and was like "oh Divine from all those John Waters films is dead noooo!" and then discovered he's been dead since 1988. :(

My Dad went to school with Divine. My dad was as singer in a popular band in Baltimore at the time and had a national top 20 ish hit. Things were different back then, More regional with radio stations. Many stories. Anyway, his hit song is in the original hairspray and also in the top 20 songs that changed Brian Eno BBC Arena doc

Yeah nobody from outside the UK who is younger than about 37 will know who the hell she is.

I bet Normski's shitting it though.

I'm 36, I member.

Found her weirdly hot and she probably contributed to my tastes in odd looking women