IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

1 hour ago, usagi said:

god damn. RIP. he had good roles outside of Omar which he should also be remembered for.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I haven't checked out enough of his other stuff - there was a documentary on Detroit I watched and he (the host) was the best thing about it. Would love more recommendations but I'll just go down his IMDB list.

1 hour ago, sweepstakes said:

Thanks for reminding me of this. I haven't checked out enough of his other stuff - there was a documentary on Detroit I watched and he (the host) was the best thing about it. Would love more recommendations but I'll just go down his IMDB list.

he also produced a documentary about prison life. can't recall details but he has some family who were locked up. the interviews are good. it' san interesting one. 

for his acting work. 'The Wire' of course but also Boardwalk Empire, The Night Of... he's got bit parts in a bunch of stuff. Haven't seen hist latest but he's emmy nominated for it "Lovecraft Country"

the IMDB tribute 

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi229819161?ref_=hm_hp_i_1&listId=ls025720609

• Like 2

Michael K. Williams made you believe.

Michael K. Williams made you believe in Omar Little, a legendary Baltimore stickup man so fearsome that when he strolled to the bodega in a silk robe to buy Honey Nut Cheerios for his boyfriend, kids shouted “Omar comin’!,” their elders scattered like pigeons, and drug dealers tossed stashes from windows to save him the bother of taking them. Michael K. Williams made you believe in Leonard Pine, a Black gay conservative Vietnam veteran in a cowboy hat whose lethal temper is leavened by a laid-back Steve McQueen cool in Hap and Leonard, and that he would be friends with a white liberal ex-hippie in the American South. Michael K. Williams made you believe that Boardwalk Empire’s Chalky White, a ruthless and worldly gangster and a leader in Atlantic City’s Black community, could fall instantly in love with a young nightclub singer and become so intoxicated by her talent and beauty that he’d jeopardize the power he had amassed and the bourgeois homelife he had built.

Death of a Storyteller (Vulture)

• Like 1

This one is hurts a lot. Norm was a brilliant and unique comedic voice. He was inherently humorous and refreshingly normal yet perpetually adjacent to the bizarre and absurd. There was always this insight and wisdom behind his often overtly anti-humor and dumb jokes.

I've binged watched and returned to his bits on youtube for years and years, especially when I need a mental reprieve. I wish he could of stayed for a few decades more but I'm grateful for his time he was on earth.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1