IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi—polymath, psychologist, academic—passed away at age 87. Internationally acknowledged for his pioneering contributions to the understanding of happiness, creativity, and human fulfillment, he received the highest accolades, honorary degrees, and prestigious awards. Together with Martin Seligman, he's recognized as the founding father of Positive Psychology, the field of study exploring what makes the good life, aiming at improving the quality of life, focusing on both individual and societal well-being.

In 1990, the publication of his seminal book Flow: The Psychology Of Optimal Experience brought Csikszentmihalyi's work far beyond the academic discipline of psychology. The notion of flow attracted the attention of leaders in business, the arts, and sports, gaining him legendary status among admirers across disciplines and professions.

Legendary psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi dies at 87 (Boing Boing)

If you've ever been "in the zone", experiencing what is known as flow state - Csikszentmihalyi came up with the idea.

Edited by dcom
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Huge bummer ?

Never forget his sole directing credit (shared with Neil Young)…

this looks amazing. thanks for posting it. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 6:37 AM, chenGOD said:

Alvin Lucier passed today. What a tremendous composer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/01/arts/music/alvin-lucier-dead.html

RIP. always meant to make more time for his work but in spite of only having a surface-level understanding of it, I feel like he's one of those people who changed the shape of music behind the scenes.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 2:37 PM, chenGOD said:

Alvin Lucier passed today. What a tremendous composer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/01/arts/music/alvin-lucier-dead.html

what a man. I'm sure i've said this before but i was in his last undergraduate class before he retired. An amazing man and learning the classics of experimental composition direct from the horses mouth was about as perfect as it got. RIP alvin you true artist!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dr lopez said:

what a man. I'm sure i've said this before but i was in his last undergraduate class before he retired. An amazing man and learning the classics of experimental composition direct from the horses mouth was about as perfect as it got. RIP alvin you true artist!

You may have said that before,but I didn't know. That's freaking cool. We are so lucky to have had someone like him creating and influencing art.