IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

4 hours ago, marf said:

I said hello to Ms Albright as I walked past her in Georgetown while she was gardening in front of her house

did she then impose sanctions upon you and your entire hometown?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, marf said:

My mom always says there would be no wars if Women ran the world

…and there would just be hundreds of countries and thousands of cities that don’t talk to each other 

Edited by xox
  • Burger 2

43 minutes ago, xox said:

…and there would just be hundreds of countries and thousands of cities that don’t talk to each other 

i think things would be different if women ruled the world.. especially if they were all mothers. but there's plenty of female psychopaths out there as well so over time i think the same type of troubles would happen.  just look at some of the idiots america elects.. not that any of them could be elected president...  

also, what about lepenn in france? isn't she a far right white supremacist style leader?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xox said:

I tell her it doesn't matter. the type of person that seeks that kind of power is going to be nuts no matter the gender

• Like 1

Yeah, not a massive Foo fan, though I don’t hate them like some people, and I don’t listen to ‘rock’ radio where they might get overplayed and tiresome. Bit gutted and mystified to hear this. 

• Like 1

First five Foos albums are all top notch in my book.  Couldn't ask for a better pop rock album than Colour and the Shape (though that one's all Grohl for drums).  The pressure on any drummer backing him is immense.  Hawkins was as solid as they come, no doubt.  Seemed like a super nice dude too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marf said:

What's Bogata famous for?

Bogotá is Colombia’s sprawling, high-altitude capital. La Candelaria, its cobblestoned center, features colonial-era landmarks like the neoclassical performance hall Teatro Colón and the 17th-century Iglesia de San Francisco. It's also home to popular museums including the Museo Botero, showcasing Fernando Botero's art, and the Museo del Oro, displaying pre-Columbian gold pieces.

Are you implying he died by swallowing pre-Columbia gold pieces?  Respect, if so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

First five Foos albums are all top notch in my book.  Couldn't ask for a better pop rock album than Colour and the Shape (though that one's all Grohl for drums).  The pressure on any drummer backing him is immense.  Hawkins was as solid as they come, no doubt.  Seemed like a super nice dude too.

first 3, I'd say. I kind of tuned out after that. Colour & Shape is their defining album imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, usagi said:

first 3, I'd say. I kind of tuned out after that. Colour & Shape is their defining album imo.

Colour and Shape is without a doubt their best work, but give One By One another shot.  So many excellent rock out moments on there.  I think Grohl was really inspired by his time with QotSA on that one.