IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

ah shit. fuckin drugs. was never a massive FF fan, but respected them nonetheless. seems they are like one of the last hold outs from the '90s major label rock scene days, and I grew up on all that stuff. Taylor always came across in interviews as the nice guy sort that wouldn't end up OD'ing, but what do I know. poor Dave Grohl. Kurt and now Taylor. he always seemed to be next to Dave in most interviews I've watched of them, and is rare to see a drummer always in the spotlight like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Seems as though a number of different drugs were found in his system 

many of them prescription medications but also opiates and stuff. a lot of that stuff doesn't mix well or becomes something that requires lot's of management. people make mistakes and accidental OD or have complications like sudden heart failure etc. 

a bummer any way ya cut it.  accidental OD is huge these days w/fentanyl in so many drugs. 

• Sad 1

Philip Jeck (1952-2022)

Jon and Mike are deeply saddened to tell you that Philip Jeck died peacefully on Friday after a short illness. A remarkable man and a wonderful artist, he has been one of the kingpins of our work for 30 years. But with Philip it was never just the work, more the love, the spirit and the dedication. He touched so many with his wit, his zest for life and his wisdom. We will miss him terribly and our love goes out to Mary and Louis.

image.thumb.png.8a0337275c668a9c80eca786f701eaa1.png

https://touch33.net/news/philip-jeck-1952-2022.html

RIP

• Sad 6

Sad news. I can’t claim to be a massive fan of her work, but this truly is a top IDM tune imho…

Edited by Plum

that sucks. he had some comedy chops. his "too soon" 9/11 joke will live forever. 

once on a drive from miami to orlando i listened to him for 3 hours. he was on the howard stern show and was so good they let his appearance run as long as they could. i kept scrolling up the dial to find howard stern as i would get out of the broadcast range of whatever station it was epic. 

he told a story about the director/producer of the "3 men and a baby" movie.. which he did one of the voices for. the story was about him going to florida to visit her and she sent her assistant to pick him up at the airport. gilbert was exhausted from a long flight and previos long night etc. he told the woman picking him up about this so as not to be rude and explain his wanting to sit quietly and relax for the 1 hour drive to the destination. so, she starts asking him all these questions and talking about her parents who survived the holocaust and shit like that. and he's pleading w/her to just shut up and she won't so he starts telling holocaust jokes about her parents... "do they get scared every time they get into the shower?"  shit like that.. and the story lasts a good 15 minutes.. 

then.. the fucking lady must be listening to the show and she calls into the howard stern show. and she's pissed and wants to tell her side of it and gilbert is having none of it. and then it gets even more hilarious because she keeps just stepping i shit and he makes pay with more jokes. it was so entertaining and i must've looked like a weirdo in my car laughing hysterically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

rest in peace ❤️

Howard Stern was on the morning radio growing up in Miami in the 90's.  Whenever Gilbert was there, especially for the news, it was always a treat.

yeah. i caught him there sometimes. he was always great.