IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Listen to some of the stories about the very early rock n roll years in Memphis; Elvis, Jerry Lee, all frequenting Beale St. and Sun Records trying to make it, with Liberace driving around in his candelabra Caddy. ?? 

21 hours ago, Nebraska said:

so crazy. i read one thing that said.. the dude was hanging out while friends were throwing dice. he wasn't even playing. there was a beef in the dice game. someone (apparently his friend) pulled a gun.. shot fired.. missed target and hit him. 

fckn dumb shit happens every day everywhere. guns make it worse. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

so crazy. i read one thing that said.. the dude was hanging out while friends were throwing dice. he wasn't even playing. there was a beef in the dice game. someone (apparently his friend) pulled a gun.. shot fired.. missed target and hit him. 

fckn dumb shit happens every day everywhere. guns make it worse. 

*trump voice* fake news

22 hours ago, kakapo said:

That's awful news, this one does indeed hurt.  I could've imagined, and would've wanted, Alan and Mimi to keep putting out records for another 25 years.

i think mimi's death is the end of low. it's the balance of her voice with alan's, as well as their personalities and sensibilities mixing that make that work so well. i wouldn't be surprised if alan did other stuff still, and played low songs on occasion. 

i've seen them live many times, and, despite how so much of it shouldn't work at all, it always did - and especially well more often than not.

24 minutes ago, chim said:

Kevin Conroy, THE voice of Batman, passed from cancer at 66. 

https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

kevin-conroys-6-best-performances-as-batman-main.webp

Came here to post this. Crazy, feel like this came out of nowhere (but sounds like he preferred to keep his diagnosis quiet while still going to cons and whatnot for the fans. RIP, legend.