IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

On 4/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, auxien said:

this one always stuck with me

gonna have to g on a side quest to find this short film. 

Crazy Covid Love

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14175178/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_1_act

Lance Ozanix

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 1:09 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Big loss, for sure. She was a legend. 
I always loved hearing her laughter at the end of this song. RIP ?

Those early Os Mutantes albums are just so so so good. And they were so young

• Burger 1

shit. she always seemed too strong to yield to death. 

fuck. all these people are getting old. i guess my parents are too. ugh. life. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

shit. she always seemed too strong to yield to death. 

fuck. all these people are getting old. i guess my parents are too. ugh. life. 

hold it together man! at least it's not us yet. can you imagine when it comes to our generation to check out? we'll go out en-masse. 

these old fogies are checking out at a bad time and leaving us in the middle of this mass extinction shit they started. we don't have long to enjoy earth.

• Confused 1

Tina Turner dead? Better switch on the news. Watched a documentary about her a few weeks ago. One of those programs you think you might watch 15 minutes and go to bed but end up watching the whole hour and hitting the sack late. Fascinating story, life and person, though the music isn’t exactly (definitely not) my thing!

Edited by beerwolf

this is one of the first songs i really remember loving when i was a kid. used to get stuck in my head regularly until i was about 30. it’s super 80s ofc... the minimal arrangement and the weirdo synths and solo, grooving guitar riff, all held together with those muted key chords? just great. but obv Tina’s belting-to-restraint and snarky attitude in her inflection, just a real pro performance…and her voice was the hook that always got stuck in my head of course, with those low background singers. not the best song ever written or sung, but it was always very particular and unique and addictive to my ears, particularly when i was younger. 

obv still a great song. she’s got plenty of others but this one was the one i loved.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, auxien said:

this is one of the first songs i really remember loving when i was a kid. used to get stuck in my head regularly until i was about 30. it’s super 80s ofc... the minimal arrangement and the weirdo synths and solo, grooving guitar riff, all held together with those muted key chords? just great. but obv Tina’s belting-to-restraint and snarky attitude in her inflection, just a real pro performance…and her voice was the hook that always got stuck in my head of course, with those low background singers. not the best song ever written or sung, but it was always very particular and unique and addictive to my ears, particularly when i was younger. 

obv still a great song. she’s got plenty of others but this one was the one i loved.

I was telling my wife yesterday that this is pretty much the first music I remember listening to. My parents caned this shit when I was 3-5 years old (along with Toto’s Rosanna, which was my favorite song apparently, lol). 

I guess Tina kind of hated WLGTDWI, but she fucking killed it anyway. 

Gonna need to rewatch Beyond Thunderdome asap.

RIP

• Like 3