IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

i remember Happy Days & Erin Moran as Joanie. she was great on the show and I was sad when I saw the news. sounds like she had a troubled life after the show ended. rest in peace.

i wouldn't know who Aaron Hernandez was if it wasn't for the news about his murders & suicide. i don't follow sports.

definitely seems to be a wide age range represented on this forum. i remember when the Bill Cosby stuff was hitting the news, some people here were freaking out & others were going "who's Bill Cosby?"

it's funny because Happy Days & the Bill Cosby show were the dominant sitcoms of their times for years running. i would bet that a greater percentage of the population watched those shows back then then the percentage that watch Game of Thrones or Walking Dead today, especially given that back then there was no internet and cable tv barely existed so there were far fewer shows to choose from. everything was more focused. the media landscape is much more diverse & fractured today. micro genres, scenes that come and go in the blink of an eye, etc...

also ironic complaining about Erin Moran being mentioned here, how many people in the world do you think even know who Autechre are?

yeah just saw that. sad 

made some really great films, made some really shit films. that's all anyone can hope for honestly.

recently attempted to view "something wild" because i read somewhere it was one of the most underrated films of the 80s. completely unwatchable.

rip demme

the scilence of the lambs is a brilliant movie

One of my favourites, although the original Thomas Harris book is better (like it usually is). Would have been interesting to see Brian Fuller's take on Silence if Hannibal had made it to a fourth series (as the rumour was they were going to explore that storyline next).

yeah just saw that. sad 

made some really great films, made some really shit films. that's all anyone can hope for honestly.

recently attempted to view "something wild" because i read somewhere it was one of the most underrated films of the 80s. completely unwatchable.

Sure.

rip demme

One of my favourites, although the original Thomas Harris book is better (like it usually is). Would have been interesting to see Brian Fuller's take on Silence if Hannibal had made it to a fourth series (as the rumour was they were going to explore that storyline next).

tbh i hated the series. everything was so strange (in negative way) but the strangest was motivations of characters. they were totally unrealistic!

rip demme

tbh i hated the series. everything was so strange (in negative way) but the strangest was motivations of characters. they were totally unrealistic!

You're talking about the series, or the books, or the movies (or all of them)?

rip demme

You're talking about the series, or the books, or the movies (or all of them)?

aaahh the series ;) the book were excellent, the movies also

Can't imagine there are many fans here but Kevin Garcia (Grandaddy bass player) died a couple days ago, aged 41. They literally just released an album and toured the UK/Europe last month, so this was quite the shock. RIP.

Yeah this was so unexpected and tragic. They cancelled their entire US tour (understandably). Just horrible.