IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Why is it always the vocalists?  I swear singers in bands are 90% more likely to commit suicide.  Too much public scrutiny maybe?  More sensitive on average?  I mean, anytime anyone hates a band, it's usually the singer it gets pinned on.  Everyone hates Chad Kroeger, but does anyone really hate the drummer from Nickelback?  Anyway...

I wasn't a fan of their music, but that guy had a hell of a voice.  RIP

Because vocalists have something to tell and most of their stories are personal and sad/dark except of black metal.

my thoughts about that band exactly.

sad way to go though. 

I'd certainly not wish anyone to death over their music (however shitty I think it is). 

ok maybe bieber and kroeger.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I remember buying Hybrid Theory (what kid didn't?) and Meteora back when they came out, but Linkin Park (along with many other bands of that era) flew off my radar shortly after. Still shocked though. It's like finding out an old school friend that I haven't seen in years has passed away. RIP

6 kids, a beauitful wife, and 30 mill in the bank... This is why some people call suicide selfish. How can you have 6 kids and do yourself like this man? That's just not right.

I remember buying Hybrid Theory (what kid didn't?) and Meteora back when they came out, but Linkin Park (along with many other bands of that era) flew off my radar shortly after. Still shocked though. It's like finding out an old school friend that I haven't seen in years has passed away. RIP

exactly the same, remember loving HT as a kid, probably the first album I truly loved, got me into metal, which got me into industrial, which got me into electronic/leftfield/idm...

41, no age to go

6 kids, a beauitful wife, and 30 mill in the bank... This is why some people call suicide selfish. How can you have 6 kids and do yourself like this man? That's just not right.

My thoughts as well.

I remember watching the video for their first ever single debut on music video shows in Australia shortly after I arrived here. and then they blew up shortly thereafter with In The End, especially with the hiphop/r+b kids. I stopped following them eventually but I caught this one a few years later and felt that at least it helped set them apart from the rest of the crowd. I still like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM

RIP

I definitely remember a really cool video from Linkin Park back in the day from the Hybrid Theory album.  I read that he was good friends with Chris Cornell, took his death hard.  And yesterday was Chris Cornell's birthday, perhaps that had something to do with it.  This clip from an interview very much sounds like a cry for help.  Meanwhile the interviewer is locked into his shtick and laughs it off.

This clip from an interview very much sounds like a cry for help.  

Big time. I can definitely relate to a lot of what he's saying there too. Good interview.

i dont know if this is the right term in english but what he was talking about in the interview are strong negative self-representants, ''that thing inside his skull'' that ''wants to put him down when he's alone''. it's usally a sign of inadequate parenting, neglect and abuse... money can't make it better, and speaking in psychological terms only years of a dynamic psychotherapy can...afaik

Edited by xox

i dont know if this is the right term in english but what he was talking about in the interview are strong negative self-representants, ''that thing inside his skull'' that ''wants to put him down when he's alone''. it's usally a sign of inadequate parenting, neglect and abuse... money can't make it better, and speaking in psychological terms only dynamic pychotherapy can...afaik

Like an inferiority complex? Negative parenting/lack of validation during childhood manifesting itself in self deprecation and unrealistic negative feelings of self worth etc later in life?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

i dont know if this is the right term in english but what he was talking about in the interview are strong negative self-representants, ''that thing inside his skull'' that ''wants to put him down when he's alone''. it's usally a sign of inadequate parenting, neglect and abuse... money can't make it better, and speaking in psychological terms only dynamic pychotherapy can...afaik

Like an inferiority complex? Negative parenting/lack of validation during childhood manifesting itself in self deprecation etc later in life?

something like that, yes, but it's much more complex. it's object relations theory, theory of the self and theory of attachment, basicaly. he was probably a person with strong borderline personality traits but highly functional cause of his high iq and relatively good life (the money, lots of friends), puls he must have had an empatic wife but not empatic enough cause i believe she was a borderline too, some sort of, usually they pair with each other

edit: the guy killed him self and i talk shit! anything i've said about him can be totally wrong.

Edited by xox

It's not talking shit!

Not a fan of their music at all, but find it really sad that someone who had (what many people would consider) it all, could find themselves thinking life wasn't worth continuing. =(

I think about Robin Williams often.  Usually picturing his smiling face growing older.  Prolly from a movie or stand-up special.   Lots of bushy grey hair protruding out from every crease.  It tickles my imaginary eyeballs.

I definitely remember a really cool video from Linkin Park back in the day from the Hybrid Theory album.  I read that he was good friends with Chris Cornell, took his death hard.  And yesterday was Chris Cornell's birthday, perhaps that had something to do with it.  This clip from an interview very much sounds like a cry for help.  Meanwhile the interviewer is locked into his shtick and laughs it off.

Not so much a cry for help as an honest assessment of himself. He's laying out the truth and that's good that he was that open about such personal issues...however he's also very aware of the issues and how to deal with them and how serious they are. He's expressing all of that in the hopes of just sharing it for any fans listening, I'd guess. But with all that he said, he still chose to end his life and permanently scar his friends, wife, and children.

Maybe he was on meds, seeing a therapist, staying busy 'outside of himself' and doing everything he could and it wasn't enough. Some people have depression/whatever that bad, sure. But if he wasn't doing everything he could, I can't really cut him much slack. He had a wife and children, and in my opinion there's now excusing how badly something like this can destroy those people. Especially if he was laying into illicit drugs as well, that can (in some cases) really exacerbate mental problems.

Again, it was really great of him to open up like that in an interview/public setting. Good on him for that. 

I think about Robin Williams often. Usually picturing his smiling face growing older. Prolly from a movie or stand-up special. Lots of bushy grey hair protruding out from every crease. It tickles my imaginary eyeballs.

Robin and any other comedian's death makes me think of Phil Hartman, it's almost painful to watch his genius now, same for Robin. Don't even get me started on What Dream May Come, just too close to home. And the Nintendo ads he did with his daughter Zelda. RIP to all of them. ?

It's not talking shit!

Not a fan of their music at all, but find it really sad that someone who had (what many people would consider) it all, could find themselves thinking life wasn't worth continuing. =(

lol no not you. me

• 2 weeks later...

I think about Robin Williams often. Usually picturing his smiling face growing older. Prolly from a movie or stand-up special. Lots of bushy grey hair protruding out from every crease. It tickles my imaginary eyeballs.

Robin and any other comedian's death makes me think of Phil Hartman, it's almost painful to watch his genius now, same for Robin. Don't even get me started on What Dream May Come, just too close to home. And the Nintendo ads he did with his daughter Zelda. RIP to all of them.

difference between phil and robin is that phil is actually funny