IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

RIP Charles Bradley

I was sad to hear this, he'd only been on my radar for a year or so, seems like his career had lots left to give. RIP.

Awesome tune!

And man, his face was amazing! Look at that!

nah, steely dan are cool. real new york characters. east coast all the way. smart, sarcastic, witty as hell and their lyrics reflect that. they named their band after a vibrator for gods sake.

legendary studio obsessives. there's some cool videos on youtube of them going over the Aja multitracks and talking about how they were made. really interesting to watch even if your not into the band.

i can't call myself the biggest steely dan fan but i have a lot of respect for them. never sold out. never lost their edge. Aja is a masterpiece for sure. every time i hear their music i picture a city at night.

rip walter becker.

Hi there!

The title of this project is STEELY DANCE. It also just as easily could have been called FAGEN, BECKER & MIDI, or HOW I LEARNED TO MAKE DANCE MUSIC USING ONLY A COMPUTER, AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS.

For so long, Steely Dan has been stereotyped as a band mainly appealing to cynical, smartypants dudes (myself included?). The stereotype inferred: "Women don't like Steely Dan." Sure, some women make the stink face when Steely Dan is mentioned, but quite a few women zealously love the Dan too. Why not more? Why not young people? Why not try to re-present the songs in another capacity, so that they can be heard with freshness and excitement? How about bringing it to the dance floor, where music is felt as much as it's heard? Would these complex, jazzy tunes lend themselves to a visceral dance treatment? This is the question I set out to answer.

from this prick's kickstarter for mastering which somehow reached its goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1943554911/steely-dance-needs-mixing-and-mastering

I don't think I've ever heard a Steely Dan track. Not sure if should

They're very competent musicians, the compositions are just super vapid to me. I never bothered to read the lyrics, I guess if you like lyrics that make you feel smart they're your guys.

That Steely Dance album is officially the greatest thing bandcamp has ever produced.

Also, my friend confided to me last night that in grade 10 she broke up with a guy because:

He made her a mix tape.  On the tape was included The Eagles - Hotel California, which was preceded with his voice saying "this is my favorite song."  She didn't know who the Eagles were at the time, but after hearing that song in that context, she knew things could never work between them.  Broke up with him the next day.