IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Fred from dDamage dead at 46

http://www.goutemesdisques.com/news/article/fred-hanak-est-mort/

This is really sad...

RIP

A punch in my face and guts. We toured together a lot, Fred was as human as radical (I mean it in the most positive way). I’m losing more than a colleague here, I’m fucking sad.

All my thoughts are with JB and the Hanak family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's gonna be a bummer when Tom Waits dies.  I was listening to Orphans earlier today, and realizing what a rare niche in music his discog occupies.  No one's going to even come close to filling that gap.  I hear a lot of Prince and Bowie all over the place -no equivalents, but a lot of students at least trying to carry that torch.  Waits doesn't have anyone to pass the baton to.  A whole area of music will die with him.

It's gonna be a bummer when Tom Waits dies.  I was listening to Orphans earlier today, and realizing what a rare niche in music his discog occupies.  No one's going to even come close to filling that gap.  I hear a lot of Prince and Bowie all over the place -no equivalents, but a lot of students at least trying to carry that torch.  Waits doesn't have anyone to pass the baton to.  A whole area of music will die with him.

I've felt this way for a while about Tom. then again I don't really want cheap replicas of his style either.

Edited by usagi