IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

My co-worker's dad got shot earlier this week and died. I never met him, but I heard the tales. The death was completely senseless and I don't know what to say in these situations. 

3 minutes ago, Candiru said:

My co-worker's dad got shot earlier this week and died. I never met him, but I heard the tales. The death was completely senseless and I don't know what to say in these situations. 

Happened to my uncle years back as well. Nobody knows what to say, including family. Checking in on your co-worker from time to time and just being there and listening is probably the most genuinely helpful thing you can do. The haunting weeks later are tougher than the initial shock.

• Like 1

Had a friend tell me he has cancer on a facebook message. (since died) There is nothing you can say without making them feel dead already.  They withdraw from the world. Told him my basement flooded , he said there was too much rain there too and a week later he was dead. Down side of having a penchant for older friends, they die on you.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, caze said:

Dr John, 77, heart attack

wow- that came from nowhere. 

r.i.p. and see you at the crossroads

Dr-John-77.jpg

r.i.p. bushwick bill

bushwick-304.jpg

Tom Petty died a couple years back.

I forgot and was reminded of it the other day by a podcast my friend downloaded.  Thought I should mention it here in case anyone else forgot.  Plus the celebrity death rate seems to have slowed in recent months.  So I'm trying to keep this thread alive.

I also forgot how morbid this video was.  Prob the first Tom Petty song I ever heard.

The mid 90's had a lot of weird/gross music vids, lots of medical/deformity/corpse themes.  So this one fit in well with the era.  RIP Tom Petty.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

On 6/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Joyrex said:

Gloria Vanderbilt (and mother of CNN reporter Anderson Cooper) dead at 95

I randomly caught an interview with her and Anderson on Bravo years ago, she had a fascinating life

On 6/10/2019 at 6:23 AM, Rubin Farr said:

MC Serch recounting an adventure with Bushwick Bill:

RIP Homie

On 6/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Tom Petty died a couple years back.

I forgot and was reminded of it the other day by a podcast my friend downloaded.  Thought I should mention it here in case anyone else forgot.  Plus the celebrity death rate seems to have slowed in recent months.  So I'm trying to keep this thread alive.

I also forgot how morbid this video was.  Prob the first Tom Petty song I ever heard.

The mid 90's had a lot of weird/gross music vids, lots of medical/deformity/corpse themes.  So this one fit in well with the era.  RIP Tom Petty.

That one hit hard, up there with Bowie. His death really resonated with me and a lot of people I know, really caught a lot of people off guard how much they realized we heralded and appreciated him as a person. Sincere, down-to-earth, and never seemed to abandon who he was - just some friendly redneck kid from Florida wanting to make good rock n' roll. And goddamn, what a catalog. Even his posthumous stuff is amazing:

vaporwave song I came across a couple weeks ago

He's still around...

RIP Homie

RIP Homie

goddamn that was bonkers, thanks for posting this

6 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Really sad about this, I was definitely more of a Cassius fan than a Daft Punk fan.

New album is out on Friday called "Dreams" which I had on pre-order.  Hope he was not celebrating ?

I read he had a hand in the recent Hot Chip album too, seems he was rather prolific in the studio production side of things.

CASSIUS IN THE HOUSE

Edited by Soloman Tump