IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Save that for the anniversary thread..jesus christ, bourdain was not that big of a deal. This is a day to remember Dawgs wife.. rip in heaven you beautiful beeatch.. in the words of coolio I'll see you when I get there babes.. I'll do my best to keep dawg off the ice but you know how he is.. 

4 hours ago, Schlitze said:

Save that for the anniversary thread..jesus christ, bourdain was not that big of a deal. This is a day to remember Dawgs wife.. rip in heaven you beautiful beeatch.. in the words of coolio I'll see you when I get there babes.. I'll do my best to keep dawg off the ice but you know how he is.. 

Schlitze, I usually give you a pass cos I actually appreciate most of your trolling, but fuck off m8, you're out of your element. Bourdain was a big deal because he introduced millions of fat, closed-minded Americans to parts of the world they never knew existed, and that's just what 40% of us need direly right now.

RIP boobs tho

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Schlitze, I usually give you a pass cos I actually appreciate most of your trolling, but fuck off m8, you're out of your element. Bourdain was a big deal because he introduced millions of fat, closed-minded Americans to parts of the world they never knew existed, and that's just what 40% of us need direly right now.

RIP boobs tho

I can’t shake off the suspicion that there’s a moral in there somewhere - fat closed-minded Americans only caring about the world if they find out you can have food there.

I definitely enjoyed his shows, however.

6 hours ago, rhmilo said:

I can’t shake off the suspicion that there’s a moral in there somewhere - fat closed-minded Americans only caring about the world if they find out you can have food there.

You're not wrong.

Denise Nickerson, who at age 13 played the wonderfully sassy Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka &the Chocolate Factory (1971), has died. She was 62 and hadn't fully recovered from a severe stroke last year.

4 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Weird. I posted about Rip Torn dying in this thread and my post vanished.

That is weird - I checked the moderation logs and there's no record of it being removed, either...

That's a bummer, I think that makes her the first of the Wonka kids who passed away. I love that film and of the bad kids I always found her role to be one of the funnier roles, her character had a bit of moxie. She was in some episodes of Dark Shadows and IIRC was part of the casting call for Exorcist but her parents declined upon reading the script. 

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That is weird - I checked the moderation logs and there's no record of it being removed, either...

Maybe I wrote it out and never hit submit. 

Ross Perot died a few days ago. In a strange coincidence, I had a friend from out of state visiting here last week and on Friday we were driving around and passed by the Perot Science museum. He asked "is that guy still alive?" and I said, "no, he's dead," because I honestly thought he was.