IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Genesis P-Orridge has died at age 70

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/genesis-p-orridge-throbbing-gristle-founder-and-industrial-music-pioneer-dead-obituary-951781/

What a legend. If WATMM has a mourning mode, it should probably be turned on now as none of us would be here if it wasn’t for her/him.

• Sad 5

Damn.  Very glad I managed to catch Throbbing Gristle when they came to Vancouver... 3 years ago?  It was one of the most uplifting concert experiences I've had, surprisingly.  Genesis was on a real "love everyone" kick that night.  Lots of gratitude, which was palpable.

Met him once at a Pigface show in the 90s, he was a wyrd one for sure.  Seemed cringy, and those charges of molesting his children always bothered me.  Recently bought Thee Psychick Bible.  Only Chris and Cosey are left. RIP

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Genesis P-Orridge has died at age 70

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/genesis-p-orridge-throbbing-gristle-founder-and-industrial-music-pioneer-dead-obituary-951781/

What a legend. If WATMM has a mourning mode, it should probably be turned on now as none of us would be here if it wasn’t for her/him.

sad to hear that. r.i.p. 

330c9ed2cfd24a1d9c3b4e10e846d0d8.jpg

On 3/14/2020 at 6:23 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Met him once at a Pigface show in the 90s, he was a wyrd one for sure.  Seemed cringy, and those charges of molesting his children always bothered me.  Recently bought Thee Psychick Bible.  Only Chris and Cosey are left. RIP

cmon.. at least have the decency to correctly gender them in death

• Like 3

The pedo-smear was a sad attempt to portray Genesis as guilty of the ultimate taboo, by a Tory govt in its death-throws. Climate of post Poll-Tax riots, post Castlemorton, by right wing anti-fun cunts who dispatched police pay party units nationally to close events, same cunts who brought the CJ-Bill in not long after (Coronavirus mention here recently re rights of assembly).

Ironically, the main work cited was a theatrical but legit video Sleazy did for a proposed track/work (check EHR for multiple sources & The Lyre of Orpheus by C Partridge). I love Coil, but there’s repugnant video still around they did with under age kids in Thailand that is fairly unambiguous. Simply Superior had posts on this:

https://simply-superior.blogspot.com/search?q=Coil

Was GPO a rampant egotist? Most def. Involved in immature forays into supposedly edgy cultural stupidity & esoterrorism? Very much so. But was a smear campaign run by the sketchier spectrum of the Tory establishment? To the max. Weird thing was they waited so long, hence including the broader contexts above. People forget what a cancer the Tory establishment were/are.

Summary - Hamburger Lady.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

The pedo-smear was a sad attempt to portray Genesis as guilty of the ultimate taboo, by a Tory govt in its death-throws. Climate of post Poll-Tax riots, post Castlemorton, by right wing anti-fun cunts who dispatched police pay party units nationally to close events, same cunts who brought the CJ-Bill in not long after (Coronavirus mention here recently re rights of assembly).

Ironically, the main work cited was a theatrical but legit video Sleazy did for a proposed track/work (check EHR for multiple sources & The Lyre of Orpheus by C Partridge). I love Coil, but there’s repugnant video still around they did with under age kids in Thailand that is fairly unambiguous. Simply Superior had posts on this:

Was GPO a rampant egotist? Most def. Involved in immature forays into supposedly edgy cultural stupidity & esoterrorism? Very much so. But was a smear campaign run by the sketchier spectrum of the Tory establishment? To the max. Weird thing was they waited so long, hence including the broader contexts above. People forget what a cancer the Tory establishment were/are.

After Sleazy moved to Asia, I kinda got the suspicion he might be a chickenhawk.  But I'm not trying to smear the deceased.

5 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

this is sensible although i must say genesis comes off as a real piece of shit in cozy's memoir.

dolly is a gem and a legend. she's super generous. big reading program she created to get free books to kids. all kinds of nice stuff she's done over the years.. aside from just being a super savvy badass. 

RIP kenny.  kenny rogers jackass is amazing. he took that character impression to weird places for a long time. 

• Like 5