Celebrity Deaths

5 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

The pedo-smear was a sad attempt to portray Genesis as guilty of the ultimate taboo, by a Tory govt in its death-throws. Climate of post Poll-Tax riots, post Castlemorton, by right wing anti-fun cunts who dispatched police pay party units nationally to close events, same cunts who brought the CJ-Bill in not long after (Coronavirus mention here recently re rights of assembly).

Ironically, the main work cited was a theatrical but legit video Sleazy did for a proposed track/work (check EHR for multiple sources & The Lyre of Orpheus by C Partridge). I love Coil, but there’s repugnant video still around they did with under age kids in Thailand that is fairly unambiguous. Simply Superior had posts on this:

https://simply-superior.blogspot.com/search?q=Coil

Was GPO a rampant egotist? Most def. Involved in immature forays into supposedly edgy cultural stupidity & esoterrorism? Very much so. But was a smear campaign run by the sketchier spectrum of the Tory establishment? To the max. Weird thing was they waited so long, hence including the broader contexts above. People forget what a cancer the Tory establishment were/are.

Summary - Hamburger Lady.

this is sensible although i must say genesis comes off as a real piece of shit in cozy's memoir.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florian Schneider ?

Paul "Bear" Vasquez aka "Double Rainbow guy" has died. I have always non-ironically loved this video and it was from the best time of YouTube  

Posted Images

know when to fold 'em

• Like 1

Had a close connection to this one since I was a little kid:

• Like 1

She really is a sweet and very generous Christian.  Used to be my boss.

• Like 2

dolly is a gem and a legend. she's super generous. big reading program she created to get free books to kids. all kinds of nice stuff she's done over the years.. aside from just being a super savvy badass. 

RIP kenny.  kenny rogers jackass is amazing. he took that character impression to weird places for a long time. 

• Like 5

RIP Gabi Delgado ... DAF (Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft )  frontman ... electro pioneers

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh no ... one of the truly, truly staggeringly great greats.

Terrible writer, of course, but *such* a fantastic artist.

Years ago I visited an exhibition that featured some of his original work. Truly mindblowing to think that came out of the hands of a fellow human being.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Nebraska said:

covid-19 got manu dibango. r.i.p. to a afro-jazz legend

wow..  that song has been sampled/copied so many times.

RIP

9 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Wow, those are 3 extremely different projects to play drums in.  

yeah true. it's not uncommon though. i'm always surprised by musicians who can do musical chairs like that in bands and then i'm surprised that i'm always surprised because the more touring musicians i meet the more common i realize it is.

Edited by ignatius

I haven't noticed it a lot with drummers.  It's actually weird to me how many musicians stick to one thing, or if they have another project it doesn't fall too far from their first one.  There's so much to music explore in only one lifetime.

3 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I haven't noticed it a lot with drummers.  It's actually weird to me how many musicians stick to one thing, or if they have another project it doesn't fall too far from their first one.  There's so much to music explore in only one lifetime.

true. i think a lot of it is just being open and meeting people. some musicians have that personality matched to their skills and draw people to them.  they all meet lot's of people when on tour.. those big festivals and touring festivals  like lollapalooza etc. some people just hit it off. i know from talking to some musicians that one day the phone rings and then they're off to a touring gig w/a different band filling in for someone who moved on to something else. 

there's so many studio musicians too. for hire. who play on albums then tour w/the band and play on more albums w/different bands etc. capable musicians w/touring experience can do a lot. it's a great skill to have really. 

some people are just rad at that kind of thing. 

• Like 1

Josh Freese is one other drummer that comes to mind... largely in the rock camp, but like 20 different acts, from Ween to Sting.

• Like 1