IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

he's got a lot of great roles and diverse, prolific career (for example I had no idea he was a voice on Ratatouille until now) but I'll always think of him first and foremost as the dad in Tommy Boy

"I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it"

glancing at his filmography and he didn't seem to slow down much at all toward the end, his hard work ethic seem to go hand-in-hand with his acting ability

http://infinitestatemachine.com/2020/04/29/mike-huckaby/

Similar experience to me, I met him on my first visit to Detroit in 99. I had already spent more than I intended to at Submerge and the stack Mike Huckaby picked out for me at Record Time broke the bank. I still have all those records. Said hello to him at Tresor a number of years later and he remembered me, and some of the records I bought. So many people are just in shock over this because they had a connection with him like this big or small. I don't know what to say, the black community in the US is getting hammered by this virus. He should still be alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Very sad, indeed. Mega-legend. 
I had tix to see the Kraftwerk 3D show next month in LA and, oddly enough, it hadn’t yet been canceled due to covid-19. I’m gonna assume that will likely change now. Luckily, I saw the last 3D tour they did and only paid $15 to get in. One of the most memorable shows I’ve seen. 
Any word on the cause of death yet?

all the US kraftwerk shows have been postponed until next year jeffy ? and florian hasnt been in the band since 08.

yes it's sad, but kraftwerk continued without him. merely operators of the giant man-machine of KW. his influence on all modern music cannot be overstated however