IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

40 minutes ago, ignatius said:

OMG

i was just bumping avalanche last night. 

one of the greatest rappers EVER. r.i.p

Edited by Nebraska
  • Sad 1

“On Doomsday!, ever since the womb ‘til I'm back where my brother went, that's what my tomb will say
Right above my government; Dumile Either unmarked or engraved, hey, who's to say?”- DOOM

• Like 2

This is really bizarre...there was that new Doom/FlyLo track released last week, got me on a big Doom kick. I was listening to him more than anything else. I even watched his whole 90 minute Red Bull interview on YouTube the other day. Unreal

ugh. this one has me genuinely upset

this track came out a few weeks back, it's great, shame there'll never be a full album of this

I didn't need to see the prior page to figure you all were talking about MF Doom. 

Gutted. He was a rare breed... make that one of a kind. One of my favorite rhymes of all time was his: "We rock the house like rock and roll, got more soul than a sock with a hole".

btw... a friend just sent me this the other day...

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4

I'm speechless. Appears he passed on Halloween. I bonded with a lot of people over his music in particular. Still vividly remember seeing him in Austin almost 15 years ago. I actually know the exact moment I came across him. I saw a review for Madvilliany on allmusic.com in 2004. Downloaded it, probably via DC++ and was completely hypnotized by his rapping. He's not GOAT objectively but in a certain way he is for me. There's also not denying there is no one quite like him. Not just the personas and eclecticism but his sheer quality and output including his vast catalog of production. I remember talking to someone at a party who wasn't a fan of his rapping but said "but he's an excellent producer, he's made some of my favorite beats." 

DOOM's career was always haunted by his younger brother's death, so much so he became "MF DOOM" in the wake of years of reclusiveness after DJ Subroc was killed. He lost his own son in 2017 and now we mourn his. Death has been something of a bookend to the bulk of his career, a career with an immeasurable amount of influence and inspiration on so many.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1