Celebrity Deaths

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT MF DOOM RIP true legend.. wtf. fucking fuck.  https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.59830/title.mf-doom-has-died-cause-currently-unknown# https://www.instagram.com/p/CJefkDalN

Florian Schneider ?

My condolences go out to the families of the people that were affected by his ridiculous and destructive views. His funeral should just be a giant toilet they flushed him down.

Posted Images

for what its worth, MF DOOM passing is one of the only news headlines that ive ever seen on WATMM, Muffwigglers, Hacker News, and the A.V. Club at the same time.

ugh. this one has me genuinely upset

this track came out a few weeks back, it's great, shame there'll never be a full album of this

I didn't need to see the prior page to figure you all were talking about MF Doom. 

Gutted. He was a rare breed... make that one of a kind. One of my favorite rhymes of all time was his: "We rock the house like rock and roll, got more soul than a sock with a hole".

btw... a friend just sent me this the other day...

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4

True fucking legend.

Requiescat in Pace.

I'm speechless. Appears he passed on Halloween. I bonded with a lot of people over his music in particular. Still vividly remember seeing him in Austin almost 15 years ago. I actually know the exact moment I came across him. I saw a review for Madvilliany on allmusic.com in 2004. Downloaded it, probably via DC++ and was completely hypnotized by his rapping. He's not GOAT objectively but in a certain way he is for me. There's also not denying there is no one quite like him. Not just the personas and eclecticism but his sheer quality and output including his vast catalog of production. I remember talking to someone at a party who wasn't a fan of his rapping but said "but he's an excellent producer, he's made some of my favorite beats." 

DOOM's career was always haunted by his younger brother's death, so much so he became "MF DOOM" in the wake of years of reclusiveness after DJ Subroc was killed. He lost his own son in 2017 and now we mourn his. Death has been something of a bookend to the bulk of his career, a career with an immeasurable amount of influence and inspiration on so many.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, soma333 said:

Fuck I'm confused!

still hard to believe, remember discovering him in the early 2000's thanks to the many french underground hip hop pages, mainly hiphopcore, then buying every CDs I found ( Vaudeville Villain was a personal fav ) Then he released Madvillainy and of course it blowed my mind... This is truly saddening... 

:cry:

People who formed rap opinions from "best rappers" google searches on suicide watch

Rip to doom, some great tracks

15 hours ago, dr lopez said:

People who formed rap opinions from "best rappers" google searches on suicide watch

Rip to doom, some great tracks

• Haha 1

Wait, MF Doom is dead? He's some of the first Hip Hop artists I actually liked (before that i was only exposed to bad Hip Hop and associated it with the people listening to it).

Discovered Kim Ki-duk died last month from Covid complications. The two films I've seen of his, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring and 3-Iron I liked allot.. rest in peace.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:04 PM, dingformung said:

Wait, MF Doom is dead? He's some of the first Hip Hop artists I actually liked (before that i was only exposed to bad Hip Hop and associated it with the people listening to it).

7BACBF75-8202-40BD-9C75-CCA46CB2BED6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Burger 3