IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Damn! I just was turned on to her through that Autechre remix (which I loved and shared with all my friends, and they all insta-loved too) and then this. WTF. I was genuinely excited to see where she was heading with her career; it was just getting started. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

and there it is

Alongside the statement, SOPHIE's team requested pronouns are not used in this article and we refer only to the artist by the name SOPHIE.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

sucks that it was an accident like that. Terrible. Wasn’t a fan of the last album or the hype it received but I definitely enjoyed the early stuff and that AE remix. Cue a bunch of people on twitter acting like Sophie was *up there* with the greats -___- sad news!

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

1668894428_Capturedecran2021-01-30a17_32_07.png.d00b6e4ad589a02306170b9e760aa726.png

Imagine something called physical modelling synthesis. 

you literally might literally be a literal music journalist if you literally imagine literal people talking with literal authority about literal things they don't literally understand.  

literally. 

but, RIP Sophie. it's terribly sad and tragic to die so young and in an oops way. I hope Sophie wasn't alone when it happened. 

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

you literally might literally be a literal music journalist if you literally imagine literal people talking with literal authority about literal things they don't literally understand.  

literally. 

but, RIP Sophie. it's terribly sad and tragic to die so young and in an oops way. I hope Sophie wasn't alone when it happened. 

Just joking to lighten up the mood, this is very sad news indeed.

• Like 1

I haven't checked out any of SOPHIE's albums in full yet, but I've been quite impressed by everything I've heard.  One of the most talented up and coming pop producers by a long shot.  Fucking crazy they died by slipping at such a young age.  Fuck that.

• Like 2

Wasn't a fan, but had much respect. RIP.

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

literally. 

I will figuratively imagine this.

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

19 hours ago, xxx said:

It seems that SOPHIE died. Just looking at some Twitter sources so I don't know how legit it is but...man, just got an Autechre remix. That's going out on top I guess. 

Very sad. RIP 

Edited by chim

Sad news. Really liked some stuff she did. There was an early track that I really digged but can't find it anymore. It didn't really sound like typical PC music tunes. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Fucking crazy they died by slipping at such a young age.  Fuck that.

Happened to DJ Medhi - roof collapse and Jerry Fuchs (touring drummer with a lot of DFA Records bands) - who fell down an loft elevator shaft. Both 34. DJ Rashad died at 34 as well from drug OD.

19 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Happened to DJ Medhi - roof collapse and Jerry Fuchs (touring drummer with a lot of DFA Records bands) - who fell down an loft elevator shaft. Both 34. DJ Rashad died at 34 as well from drug OD.

Well there's drugs and then there's  fucking slipping. Horrible.

2 minutes ago, yekker said:

Well there's drugs and then there's  fucking slipping. Horrible.

happened to jesus too. he fell right on to a fucking cross. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1