IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

21 hours ago, Nebraska said:

felt a bit mixed emotionally yesterday when I heard about this. on one hand, Screech was my favorite character on that show, and definitely a fond memory from the Saturday morning cartoon days of my youth. but whenever the dirty sanchez creepy stuff came to light years ago and it was revealed what a total knob he is, I certainly lost respect for him. his appearances in the news over the past few years only cemented the fact that he was a very strange, misguided individual. 

20 hours ago, zero said:

felt a bit mixed emotionally yesterday when I heard about this. on one hand, Screech was my favorite character on that show, and definitely a fond memory from the Saturday morning cartoon days of my youth. but whenever the dirty sanchez creepy stuff came to light years ago and it was revealed what a total knob he is, I certainly lost respect for him. his appearances in the news over the past few years only cemented the fact that he was a very strange, misguided individual. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6843024

pretty much nailed it. *

*regarding those allegations

Edited by iococoi
  • Facepalm 1

Hal Holbrook.. what a legend. the mark twain one man show ran for decades and he'd update it to be relevant as he thought necesary. such a distinct actor. aways delivered. RIP. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I recommend everyone read his biography on wikipedia, while a bit eccentric and flashy persona wise he was dead bent on defending the 1st amendment and ironically for a smut peddler magnate he held a firm moral standard as a publisher few, if any, of his detractors could match. He served in both the army and navy, worked his way up in the industry about as honestly as you can, survived an assassination attempt, and dogged hypocritical right-wing politicians for his entire career. He also notably bought alleged nude photos of  Private Jessica Lynch (infamous Iraq war POW) to ensure they were never seen or published. He could of easily succumbed before 78 from both physical and mental taxation. It sounds corny as hell but he was def an American legend of sorts. 

Edited by joshuatxuk

such a career. he crossed so many paths and played w/so many people. RIP. musical legend. 

i wonder if he's with L. Ron Hubbard now? he was a long time member of scientology. 

38 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

if he was a scientologist, then he's exploring new levels of OT

wild. scientology is some weird shit and it's kind of fascinating to find out who's a scientologist and for how long. 

still, RIP. he was part of some legendary bands.

Scientology is just networking for gentiles in the entertainment business. Grift for everyone else.

Anyway rip. Cool guy. Have enjoyed his music a lot. Unfortunately also played at one of the worst concerts I’ve ever attended. Also got to meet him once. very short.

• Like 1

The more well-adjusted scientologists seem to be the most benign and reserve about it. It's been around long enough that there are younger folks who were raised in it and older members who stumbled into in the same era when it seemed like just another new age-y movement. There's a fair amount of Jehovah's Witness musicians too - The Jacksons and Prince. 

3 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Yeah he seemed very healthy, wasn't getting senile at all. Totally didn't see this coming.

Rare cancer apparently

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

yeah the old bastard was in much better shape than i

last upload on his channel 

Goddamn, less than a month ago.

So many great live clips of him, really digging this one:

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

yeah the old bastard was in much better shape than i

last upload on his channel 

this is really great. just so fluid and graceful.