IGNORED

Broadcast Reissues

yshf

Ah yes! Gonna have to pick up Haha Sound for sure.

I'm a little disappointed that my original pressing of the Focus Group collab won't be worth as much anymore but I guess that means I won't be as tempted to sell it now heh.

And $135 isn't too bad for what you're getting. Must buy.

Yeah, also very happy about this. "Work and Non-Work" and "The Noise Made by People" are both very welcome additions to my physical library. Always goosebump-inducing, but also extra melancholy for me, given the loss of Trish. Still, looking forward to some new stuff by Cargill (some of the descriptions on Bleep have the implicature that there might still be something in the future).

• 1 month later...

My Broadcast LPs arrived today, and after I carefully opened them all up and admired the artwork, I stood up and something fell and rolled away from me. It was a nice little pink button-pin that said "broadcast" in white, in the same vein as the "Tender Buttons" art style. So cute! The thing is, I don't know where it came from. Was it in the overall package from bleep, or did they somehow cram that into the copy of "Tender Buttons"? That doesn't seem like a good idea for the record. In any case, I'm really happy with that, and it's going on my wall 'o music memorabilia. Anyone else get that little button, too?

• 6 months later...

Up until this week the only Broadcast album I was familiar with was Tender Buttons, and it's been one of my favorite albums for years. Not sure why I didn't get around to the rest sooner... but HOLY SHIT what a treasure trove the Broadcast discography is!! The vocal melody on Come On Let's Go is just awe inspiring. There are only a handful of pop songs I've heard in my lifetime that are that strong melodically. Beach Boys - God Only Knows and Elliott Smith = Everything Means Nothing to Me are two that spring to mind. And speaking of God Only Knows, Ominous Cloud is like the ultimate Pet Sounds nostalgia track. I swear the toms (timpanis?), bass and tambourine are all sampled from that album. Their music has me worked up into a manic frenzy right now... like, some serious heart-exploding moments listening to these albums. What a tremendous talent Trish Keenan was. Just... everything about this band is so good. I'll need to get caught up with The Focus Group next.

Archived