IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on Caustic Window SC. I can never seem to get enough time with the tracks, cause they're constantly being removed. I think, however, that if there really is another secret AFX account it would be for a batch of his tunes that don't "fit" into his other two accounts for some reason or other, for example (a) he considers them somewhat lesser [lazier sound experiments etc] or totally different and incompatible with any of his other work i.e. even more so than the confirmed unofficial SC account (RDJ is, of course, an extremely prolific artist - he's probably discovering old tracks he doesn't even remember making but currently feels like "dumping" on the interwebs just for funnsies and to see what will happen) (b) legal issues (related to labels, sample clearance etc), © collaborations with others (who might also have their own legal or other concerns), (d) it's directly tied to one of his other monickers or to a forthcoming official release under one of those monickers. RDJ is also a renowned prankster of course so all the above could be nothing but overzealous speculation on the behalf of an enthusiastic fanboy :) be that as it may, I do have a feeling something's abrewing in the horizon so let's be vigilant :)

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL of course i cant listen to the CW currently up cuz im at work :cry:

But the last batch seemed to be the two bonus analord mammoth tracks, the live version of mature raver we had all heard before, and a short 12 second guitar sounding thing that sounded nothing like fex.

Are you just all incredibly stubborn to believe there are more? What passes on here as 'possible' is really mindblowing to me. From the start that causticwindow one is so obviously just someone rustling all your jimmies and he still continues to do so, succesfully unfortunately.

i don't recon this is genuine either. but i thought it was relevant to the topic. i recon it is funny to listen to the imitators and i find some of the music enjoyable no matter who it is! If there hadn't been people trawling soundcloud accounts then nobody might have found the genuine user# account! whatever, it seems there is a creative storm surrounding 2015!!

Agreed! I can't even remember anymore if this one was released in the dump or not? Basically the most convincing fake this

whoever made this, i dont care it's really fucking good. I dare say i almost like it better than most of the Aphex style stuff it sounds like its in the style of

has anybody apart from the caustic window account actually claimed to be aphex though?

or is it just fools from watmm declaring everything to be aphex?

how did this begin?

I think its the comments users are making. Caustic Window has the comment 'I'm 43 years old too' which is how user4etc was introduced, its either making a claim or screwing with people. Also Caustic window was the first commenter on lots of tracks for the user4etc soundcloud with ":]" so that got people's attention too. And Brainwaltzera spammed a comment about future music competition the day before user4etc posted a track with future music festival in the name, so it's most likely someone coordinating with Richard if it isn't him.

has anybody apart from the caustic window account actually claimed to be aphex though?

or is it just fools from watmm declaring everything to be aphex?

how did this begin?

*curtsie*

*Bows before the world-wide watmm stage*

Guest sf101

The sample of the track they uploaded this morning, claiming to be from Universal Indicator, was actually 'Let Gone' by Cloudface, another Soundcloud account. He followed it with 'Shit Smothered' and 'Where's Your Girlfriend?'

Guest Rabid

That muddy puddle track from brainwaltzera is fantastic. Doesn't sound like Aphex to me though. With Steinvord I could hear Richard's involvement immediately.

i wouldnt be surprised if there's a soundcloud page loaded with his stuff sitting out there with 20 followers and 40 listens per song, and it's commented on user48736353001, and he's just uploading more and more to it, wondering if people will realize

i hope you people have your idm detective glasses on. dont forget user487363530 started out that way.

Archived