IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the possible RDJ accounts, Hyacinth Labryinth, just put an album on Bandcamp. He's either a really good imitator or the man himself. Haven't listened to all the tracks, Hex17 and Myopic sound like SAWII outtakes with beats.

I listened to six random tracks from that SoundCloud and none of them even remotely gave off an AFX vibe.

Not directed at you specifically Davie, but why are some people so hell-bent on the idea of RDJ having multiple top secret accounts? The only two legit ones are /richarddjames and /user487etc. There never were any others and I seriously doubt there will be more. Why would he keep using that same tactic now that all his fans are aware of it? I think he made the user487 account to get a head start on uploads without everyone noticing immediately, so it would be a more surprising and memorable event. I don't think he did it to hide the tracks from all but the most tinfoil-hatty of his fanbase.

One of the possible RDJ accounts, Hyacinth Labryinth, just put an album on Bandcamp. He's either a really good imitator or the man himself. Haven't listened to all the tracks, Hex17 and Myopic sound like SAWII outtakes with beats.

I listened to six random tracks from that SoundCloud and none of them even remotely gave off an AFX vibe.

Not directed at you specifically Davie, but why are some people so hell-bent on the idea of RDJ having multiple top secret accounts? The only two legit ones are /richarddjames and /user487etc. There never were any others and I seriously doubt there will be more. Why would he keep using that same tactic now that all his fans are aware of it? I think he made the user487 account to get a head start on uploads without everyone noticing immediately, so it would be a more surprising and memorable event. I don't think he did it to hide the tracks from all but the most tinfoil-hatty of his fanbase.

The tracks on the album are different from the tracks he uploaded, and I think some of the Bandcamp tracks sound similar to RDJ. I'm just assuming that he could be uploading more anonymously to see if people care about his music if his name isn't attached to it. He's mentioned the idea of releasing music anonymously because he wants people to discover new music multiple times.

Soundcloud alias' would be the modern form of him releasing music under various names through Reflex.

... He's either a really good imitator or the man himself ...

You need more evidence than just 'sounds a bit like it might kinda be aphex'

Here's some reasons why it probably isn't him:

- the track titles aren't his style

- he wouldn't bother spending time making artwork for each soundclog track

- he certainly wouldn't bother with a PAID ALBUM on bandcamp ffs

- there's no particular reason to believe its him

- there's millions of mysterious internet people producing electronica, only very very very few (1 so far) turn out to be AFX

- etc etc etc

I don't rule out him creating another secret soundcloud account at some point but you'd need very good evidence (e.g full versions of tracks only previously heard live) before you could say it might be him....

... He's either a really good imitator or the man himself ...

You need more evidence than just 'sounds a bit like it might kinda be aphex'

Here's some reasons why it probably isn't him:

- the track titles aren't his style

- he wouldn't bother spending time making artwork for each soundclog track

- he certainly wouldn't bother with a PAID ALBUM on bandcamp ffs

- there's no particular reason to believe its him

- there's millions of mysterious internet people producing electronica, only very very very few (1 so far) turn out to be AFX

- etc etc etc

I don't rule out him creating another secret soundcloud account at some point but you'd need very good evidence (e.g full versions of tracks only previously heard live) before you could say it might be him....

- He's had all kinds of track titles, he doesn't have a style.

- It's a lot easier to find 14 images than 155.

- This is the most unlikely part, I admit

- How is this a valid reason at all?

- OK

- Again, unecessary

is this a fucking joke i hope? really good? seriosly? do you even heard effekts twins?

i know a good place where they sell cheap ears if you interested

edit: it's not all bad, dont get me wrong. but saying this is richard is a fucking pisstake, did you even heard all the tracks? some make my ears bleed

Just realized RDJ and Soma had a mini convo

in response to Soma saying "skin up, cunt!"

on 1 nocares

@somadril: just did..i mean u just did and im smoking it now and your asleeeeep
This is the user 487 acct response on 1 nocares.....

This comment is directed towards Triachus and Ludd's above statements.

i think this is definitely not Master Richard, but i try to keep in mind there are a few billion people who don't care one way or the other. That will all change when Aphex Twin's music will be the official music of the one world government.

Liking this brainwaltzera stuff - I can hear a Mike P vibe in a few things, and then not at all in other things. Dunno why he'd bother making a fake account though.

Some weird shit though - that brainwaltzera SoundCloud likes someone called Sd Laika, who in turn likes a really odd (and obviously fake) account by John j Wiley, and that account is followed by about 20 people who are big on that whole Triangle witch-house whatever the fuck it was trend that was popular about a year ago.

Nothing to do with aphex but just odd.

Anyhow yes user 0000008673 has some interesting tracks for sure.

This comment is directed towards Triachus and Ludd's above statements.

i think this is definitely not Master Richard, but i try to keep in mind there are a few billion people who don't care one way or the other. That will all change when Aphex Twin's music will be the official music of the one world government.

Skibby, I thought Florian Hertz was you?

Richard did respond (at great length) to one of Florian's comments though. Is it creepy to have that as off-hand knowledge?

Liking this brainwaltzera stuff - I can hear a Mike P vibe in a few things, and then not at all in other things. Dunno why he'd bother making a fake account though.

Some weird shit though - that brainwaltzera SoundCloud likes someone called Sd Laika, who in turn likes a really odd (and obviously fake) account by John j Wiley, and that account is followed by about 20 people who are big on that whole Triangle witch-house whatever the fuck it was trend that was popular about a year ago.

Richard said in a recent interview (can't remember which) that he liked the Sd Laika album, which (witch) is on Tri Angle.

I was sure this was a fake account but then I heard the two latest tracks posted on there sneakily in my SC stream (i.e. along with the new user48736353001 tracks) and I sincerely thought these were for real. Especially the fenix track....just wow:

[sc5]192856833&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe> [/sc5]

[sc5]192099442&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe>[/sc5]

I was sure this was a fake account but then I heard the two latest tracks posted on there sneakily in my SC stream (i.e. along with the new user48736353001 tracks) and I sincerely thought these were for real. Especially the fenix track....just wow

Someone posted this video of the lush outro in the comments and it's pretty darn awesome too...

[youtubehd]watch?v=k_-ggj2wZXs[/youtubehd]

dblue glitch on ten ton fenix? must be richard then!

Oh 'cmon...I can't make my Illformed glitch plugin sound like that and I know it inside out...there's more going on here. Not saying it's AFX necessarily but the sound here is deeper than VST preset effects stuff.

Oh 'cmon...I can't make my Illformed glitch plugin sound like that and I know it inside out...there's more going on here. Not saying it's AFX necessarily but the sound here is deeper than VST preset effects stuff.

It's not just about dblue glitch :mellow: . Maybe it's not 100% glitch, but it sounds just like that. Good VST's/synths usually make it sound bigger. After all, it's effect that adds to the sound, not the sound itself + I'm sure there is something else in the chain.

It's about everything else. But it's still a nice track, has it's moments, specially in the end.

I am just probably just too hard on that glitch plugin for some reason, and automatically assume that it was made by a novice, I better drop that attitude :biggrin:

It's not just about dblue glitch :mellow: . Maybe it's not 100% glitch, but it sounds just like that. Good VST's/synths usually make it sound bigger. After all, it's effect that adds to the sound, not the sound itself + I'm sure there is something else in the chain.

It's about everything else. But it's still a nice track, has it's moments, specially in the end.

I am just probably just too hard on that glitch plugin for some reason, and automatically assume that it was made by a novice, I better drop that attitude :biggrin:

Trust me I'm hard on it too :) it's auto-idm which kinda defeats the whole purpose right?

Anyways, a lot of these fake SCs are quite good. I don't see why any of them would try to pull off a fake AFX or muziq or whatever for reals. Then again we prob never would have heard of them otherwise. BUT THEN AGAIN, AGAIN we have actual real confirmed Aphex tracks all over the place for the first time in around a decade, as well as muziq childhood experiments so that's what really matters for the moment. On that note, headed back to Souncloud...might already have more uploads :)

Archived